The 2018 MGS Fall Picnic and Campout is only a weekend away! Come out and join us for a whole series of events from Friday to Sunday. There is something for everyone and a weekend of fun for the hardy geocachers who attend every event. Here is a list of the events:
GC7XGX0 – Friday Evening Welcome Social On The Deck (Fri 6pm)
GC7VE4E – 2018 MGS Fall Picnic and Campout (Sat 10am)
Here is the potluck food list!
GC7XGXM – 2018 MGS Fall Picnic – Friends ‘Round The Campfire (Sat 8pm)
GC7XGYG – MGS Fall Picnic – The Breakfast Club @ Hancock, MD (Sun 7am)
GC7XGZ1 – 2018 MGS Fall Picnic – WMRT & C&O Canal CITO (Sun 8:30am)
GC7VQMD – HCWHA @ Newcomer House – Geocaching 101 (Sun 11am)
There will be free camping in Widmyer Park too! On Sunday we will host an “intro to geocaching” event with the Newcomer House at the Antietam National Battlefield. At the end of the event you can work on the Antietam Adventure Lab Caches! Hope to see everyone there!
Come on out and join MGS for the Fall CITO at Patuxent River Park on September 22 from 10am to 12pm! We will be working with the staff to pick-up trash, possibly do some light trail maintenance or remove invasive species. And if you haven’t earned the souvenir, you will at this event. This park is also home to a Find Your Chesapeake Geotour geocache. With the CITO over at 12, you might want to bring your kayak and enjoy the Patuxent River just North of Jug Bay. Just be sure that you DO NOT Release the Kraken!
The poll for the CAM 2019 logo is now live. VOTE early and often! The poll will close as of 31 Jul and be used to advise the Core on the final design of the CAM coin which will be revealed at the CAM Picnic on May 4th, 2019 at ?????.
The 2018 MGS Summer Picnic will be July 14 at 11Am in Susquehanna State Park. Come out and enjoy some good food and geocaching fun. Please post your will attend NOW so that our supporting donors can see just how big an event the summer picnic is for them. And stop by the forums to let us know what tasty treats you will be bringing with you.
What is a cachetur? Cachetur is the Norwegian word for a geocaching trip. Cachetur.no is a user supported geocaching trip planning tool. Using cachetur.no you can do all of this and more:
- Plan geocaching trips both near and far
- Quickly and easily see which caches you have planned as either you or any of the trips participants, own or have found before
- Receive an automated email if changes are made to caches in your trips
- Add comments and discuss with other participants
- Keep track of tasks and answers to earthcaches and virtuals in trips you have planned
- Get automatic tips and recommendations on your trips
- Get automatic routes generated on your trips
- Download GPX files with all caches in a trip
- Add other waypoints, such as parking lots, sights, etc.
- See statistics for the caches you plan to find
- Print lists and maps
- Import from and export to bookmarks on geocaching.com
- Share information with GSAK through a macro package
- Select caches directly from the map on geocaching.com via a user script
So come out and join us at NOVAGO cacheturs to Maryland hear a presentation all about cachetur.no by cachetur Ambassador, Instructor and NoVaGo President platoaddict.