What is a cachetur? Cachetur is the Norwegian word for a geocaching trip. Cachetur.no is a user supported geocaching trip planning tool. Using cachetur.no you can do all of this and more:
- Plan geocaching trips both near and far
- Quickly and easily see which caches you have planned as either you or any of the trips participants, own or have found before
- Receive an automated email if changes are made to caches in your trips
- Add comments and discuss with other participants
- Keep track of tasks and answers to earthcaches and virtuals in trips you have planned
- Get automatic tips and recommendations on your trips
- Get automatic routes generated on your trips
- Download GPX files with all caches in a trip
- Add other waypoints, such as parking lots, sights, etc.
- See statistics for the caches you plan to find
- Print lists and maps
- Import from and export to bookmarks on geocaching.com
- Share information with GSAK through a macro package
- Select caches directly from the map on geocaching.com via a user script
So come out and join us at NOVAGO cacheturs to Maryland hear a presentation all about cachetur.no by cachetur Ambassador, Instructor and NoVaGo President platoaddict.
CAM Kick-Off events across the state were well attended and excitement was in the air. I hope everybody is enjoying themselves so far. There were some hickups including a reception attended by the Govenor, lots and lots of muggles, and a wet parking lot but miles were driven, geocaches were found and fun was had. Keep at it because the picnic is right around the corner! Something even closer than the CAM picnic is two MGS Spring CITOs! So come out, help out and earn that new Spring 2018 CITO souvenir! One CITO will be held in Southern Maryland, at the Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary and one in Northern Maryland at the Elk Neck Arboretum. So come out, earn your souvenir and help clean up the playing field. See you there!
The votes have been cast and counted. Some categories were very close, some were tied(!) and some were a blowout! I am sure you are all dying to know who writes the best logs, takes the best photographs and who has the most scenic hide. Well to find out, you need to come to the live reveal at 2018 MGS Meet The Officers! See you there!
The long awaited ballot for the 2017 Maryland Geocaching Society Awards is now live (Thank you cooley1103 for the help with the ballot). Vote today! The poll will close on January 31st to give us time to tally the results and get the awards ready for presentation at the 2018 MGS Meet The Officers event which is Saturday, February 10th, 2018 from 9:00am to 11:00am at the Frederick Golden Corral. Be sure to come out and join us for the big award ceremony!
VOTING IS CLOSED!
The 2018 MGS Core would like to wish you a Happy New Year! We
should have the 2017 MGS Awards ballot up shortly and we
expect to have the results tallied and ready for presentation
at the Meet the Officers event.
Speaking of Meet the Officers, the event is scheduled for February 10th at the
Golden Corral in Frederick. Come on out and join us, and hear
about the best in Maryland Geocaching in 2017. We are looking
forward to seeing you there!
I would also be remiss if I didn’t say thank you to Adric,
Larry, Brian, Cindy, and Denise for all the have done for MGS
in 2017. When you see them, please join me and the 2018 Core in saying thank you to them for all they have done to serve us and promote geocaching in Maryland. I hope we can continue their efforts into 2018 and