Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Virtual Rewards 2.0

General Chit-Chat.
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer

Virtual Rewards 2.0

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

To my MGS geocaching buddies. I'm hoping to enter for a chance to create a Virtual Cache in the Northern Maryland area. However, one of the criteria required in order to enter for a virtual is that one of the geocaches I own must have at least 25 favorite points. Most of my geocaches were only placed in 2018 and they're up in Harford County. Consequently, they have not had the opportunity to amass the required 25 favorite points. I do have four geocaches that have a relatively high number of favorite points based on favorite points awarded per logged found. Kimmie's Cache (GC7HNM) currently has an 86% favorite rating (14 FP of 17 finds), but it has a D/T rating of 5/3, so it may have frightened some cachers away. The other three caches are Snake Bait (GC7KAT5) with a FP rating of 46%, ABA: 02 (GC7HF4P) with an FP rating of 24%, and ABA: 11 (GC7HJ7R) with an FP rating of 30%. If you feel so inclined, please consider visiting any, or all, of my geocaches, and if you are inclined, consider awarding one or more of them with favorite points.
Al Woltz (AKA: FatBaldOldMan or FBOM)
yoursunny
MGS Member

Re: Virtual Rewards 2.0

Post by yoursunny »

The qualification is: all your caches collectively need to have 25 favs.
The favs don't have to be on the same cache.
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

yoursunny wrote:The qualification is: all your caches collectively need to have 25 favs.
The favs don't have to be on the same cache.
Thank you so very much for that clarification. I obviously misread the qualification requirements. I've now opted-in in hopes of being selected.
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

You're still invited to check out my caches in Harford County :dance: :applause: .