Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

How does the use of GPS affect your brain?

General Chit-Chat.
zekester
MGS Member

How does the use of GPS affect your brain?

Post by zekester »

Fascinating article in today's Post, discussing how GPS use affects the hippocampus. Check it out:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... eas&wpmm=1
Last edited by zekester on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Re: How does the use of GOPS affect your brain?

Post by littleblkdog »

I read this article on Friday. The conclusion for the average muggle might be true. I would think he average cacher is more likely to be in the category of the London cabbie given what we are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zekester
MGS Member

Re: How does the use of GPS affect your brain?

Post by zekester »

I've had numerous conversations with other coachers where the discussion revolved around where a newly published cache was (generally speaking) and found that cachers have a GC code or Geocache name-code referencing system for their region. They speak in jargon unintelligible to others:

"Remember where Tim held that souvenir event? there's a trail that leads into the woods behind that pavilion..."

"You take the first trail in, go past the trail where you turn off to hget =closer to Catenary, go past Soccertoa's cache and take the right fork, lovely tail down in there, and a gorgeous view of the water just past the "Y" tree."

When I used to drive a cab in Boston, we did the same thing, long before the days of GPS.