Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Submitting community event

General Chit-Chat.
portlywalker
MGS Member

Submitting community event

Post by portlywalker »

I apparently have an unpublished , temporarily disabled Community Event GC8NPHV. I have a date (in October) and location in mind. Can't seem to do anything with and it doesn't like my coordinates. Any advice including how to make the degree symbol would be appreciated.
Phill the Portlywalker

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
kolojezdec
MGS Member

Re: Submitting community event

Post by kolojezdec »

Good morning. It seems you should not need the degree symbol, but who knows.

Often if I am posting something on a site that does not have a symbol option, I first type it in a Word document, then copy and paste it. See below as an example: (assuming the Forum platform supports that symbol. Not all platforms support all symbols)

N39° XX.YYY, W076° AA.BBB
hunterKat
Former MGS Officer

Post by hunterKat »

portlywalker wrote:Any advice including how to make the degree symbol would be appreciated.
Phill, you can also find a listing of Alt-key combinations for various symbols by googling them, whether for PC or Mac (you should specify your platform). The ALT key will give you a wide range of characters or symbols in combination with almost every key on the keyboard. If you use a Mac, Alt-K will give you the degree symbol (or Option-K - it's the same key). I don't know if you can get the degree symbol with Alt-K on a PC/Windows machine - it may be a different combination.
AL's Guide
Former MGS Officer

Post by AL's Guide »

When typing in this info you only need to type in the numbers and the periods. Do not forget to type the N and W and put a zero before the 77 or 78. If you do that it will be accepted.