Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Need Adopters for South Carroll Historic (mostly) caches

General Chit-Chat.
JugglingKenai
MGS Member

Need Adopters for South Carroll Historic (mostly) caches

Post by JugglingKenai »

After 25 years in Carroll County, we have moved West. We are looking for adopters for our caches.

We own two of the oldest caches in Maryland, Forgotten History and Tunnel Vision, and are hoping to find committed cachers to maintain them and keep them going for the next many years. They were previously cared for by Robert and Sharpshin' while we were out of state for a bit.

Forgotten History takes some work to get to, but luckily is low maintenance. We usually visit it once a year, and it has the logbook we placed in 2003 still in it. For this cache, new cache cards also need to be printed and placed every once in awhile to make the coordinates available. I do believe it is the first mystery / non-traditional cache in Maryland (and possible elsewhere) -- I had a devil of a time getting it approved back in the day since the cache box wasn't at the coordinates online. For this cache, you have to find a cache card in another cache to get the coordinates.

Besides those two, we also own:
* A Few of our Favorite Things, and
* A River Runs Through It (virtual; i think we can maintain)

please let me know if you can take on these caches. Thanks. Juggling Kenai
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Re: Need Adopters for South Carroll Historic (mostly) caches

Post by littleblkdog »

I would be happy to adopt all four.
ProdigiousOne
MGS Member

Re: Need Adopters for South Carroll Historic (mostly) caches

Post by ProdigiousOne »

Tunnel Vision is one of my favorite local caches. I will gladly adopt and keep that one going if LBD doesn't. I live in Carroll County, so maintenance won't be a problem. Thanks for placing these great caches and sorry to see you leave the area.