Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

What is it?

General Chit-Chat.
Satch47
MGS Member

What is it?

Post by Satch47 »

On the Geocaching map there are caches that are represented by a blue circle with a white square with a bump on the top and right of that square. What's the difference between that and the one with a question mark?
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Re: What is it?

Post by littleblkdog »

That symbol represents a Cache that has corrected coordinates. That symbol is used on the Geocaching webpage and in the official app. A lot of folks say it looks like a puzzle piece which is what I think they meant it to look like. In the Cachly app it will still have an icon that represents the cache type but also a red triangle in the upper right corner to show that it has corrected coordinates.

You can correct the coordinates by clicking on the pencil next to the posted coordinates on the Cache page. Also if the cache owner included a Geocaching solution checker on their cache listing, if you use that and your answer is correct, it will automatically correct the coordinates for that cache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Satch47
MGS Member

Post by Satch47 »

Thanks littleblkdog. So that little "puzzle" piece (the square with lumps) is only visible to the person who solved the puzzle.? I was seeing some on my map that I now realize I solved years ago (and forgot I solved) but just didn't find them yet. I guess for one reason or another I removed them from any list I had them on. I'll now have a "Head start" on those.... :lol:
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Post by littleblkdog »

Yep, those corrected coordinates are only visible on your account. Nobody else can see them, the same with the personal notes section just under the coordinates on the geocache page.

In Cachly you can use a filter to select just caches that have corrected coordinates that you haven’t found if you want to make a list to go back and find them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk