Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Century Club / Geocaching Milestones

General Chit-Chat.
eissak
Former MGS Officer

Re: Century Club / Geocaching Milestones

Post by eissak »

Congrats, fuzzydave!
Metaphor
MGS Member

Post by Metaphor »

Well, it took 13 years to hit the #500 mark, but oh, what adventures!

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC1R ... d3543ab551
"It is true, all of us are standing in the mud,
but some of us are looking at the stars."
ksullivan
Former MGS Officer

Post by ksullivan »

Congratulations, Metaphor! That cache had a pretty view, if I remember it correctly!
timsbro2000
MGS Member

Post by timsbro2000 »

I am nearing 100 finds. I am currently at 74 finds and am being quite active (until a few days ago I had a one-a-day streak going of 19 days) and plan to keep up the activity. If I can do one a day I should hit 100 on July 21.

My plan was actually to wait a day and take my wife on a hike up to Indian Lookout (GC5Q5V5), which is near my house, on Wednesday July 22. But that cache has been made premium only. As a non-premium member this makes things difficult.

Does anyone have suggestions on nearby caches that would be appropriate for a 100th find that are not premium only? I have no intention of becoming a premium member any time soon and this conversion of the cache has rather thrown a wrench in my plans.
timsbro2000
MGS Member

Post by timsbro2000 »

I guess I am doing Indian lookout after all...

I am blown away by your generosity. I will not embarrass anyone by naming names but after my post I was first: sent the listing for Indian lookout with a link to where I could backdoor log it, and second: (and this is what really blew me away) GIVEN A PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP. I do not know either of the people responsible and I was in no way asking for any of that. The generosity is astounding! Thank you SO much! I... I... I'm speechless.
ZippyFinn
MGS Member

Post by ZippyFinn »

I love a happy ending!
-RobFam
MGS Member

Post by -RobFam »

New to MGS & new to the area... anyway - going to be hitting our 1 year geobirthday tomorrow (6/28/15) AND at the same time logging our 500th find. My 8yr old has chosen Cacher's Oven (GC3ERVX) to mark this milestone, we should be a GZ around noon. Ill have my rappelling gear there if anyone wishes to borrow it to make the find as well. Look forward to meeting MGS members, if not tomorrow, at the next get together.

-RobFam
hdflstsb@gmail.com
Msmit002
MGS Member

Post by Msmit002 »

As you are discovering, you have landed within a group of great folk here at MGS. Make sure along your caching travels you stop in at a few events, introduce yourself and by all means, ask questions etc.

It great to get a network of folks together to cache with, bounce puzzle solving ideas etc. I can say that it has made geocaching a much more enjoyable experience for me, joining up here at MGS.

Welcome!
eissak
Former MGS Officer

Post by eissak »

Welcome timsbro2000 and RobFam to the MGS! Congratulations on your milestones! :)
angeloak
MGS Member

Post by angeloak »

I've been caching since August 2008, and (finally!) hit 500 caches today. Although it's not usually about the numbers, it has been lately, since I'm trying to build a modest 100 day streak. Thanks to everyone who's hidden those 500 caches, be they D5/T5 or skirt-lifters. They're each an adventure in their own way. :)
deepdish23
MGS Director

Post by deepdish23 »

Congrats angeloak on #500. I like your choice of cache for #500. I hope you had fun doing the challenge. :D :applause: :applause:
lpaulriddle
MGS Director

Post by lpaulriddle »

Congratulations to Zepp914 and Chessie81, for accomplishing the unthinkably difficult (at least to me :D) task of maintaining a daily caching streak for 366 days!
Zepp914
MGS Member

Post by Zepp914 »

Don't jinx me, I have a day left. :anxious:

Thanks. We could never have pulled it off if we didn't start it so early in out caching careers. Thanks to Ozzy1602 for suggesting that.
joejackson
MGS Member

Post by joejackson »

Bragging a little... Found cache #1,500 today. GC2BE4 - Ruined-Chicken Multicache. Please excuse the really bad selfie.

Msmit002
MGS Member

Post by Msmit002 »

lpaulriddle wrote:Congratulations to Zepp914 and Chessie81, for accomplishing the unthinkably difficult (at least to me :D) task of maintaining a daily caching streak for 366 days!
I'm in awe. My life wouldn't allow for such a feat. :applause:
timsbro2000
MGS Member

Post by timsbro2000 »

timsbro2000 wrote:I am nearing 100 finds. I am currently at 74 finds and am being quite active (until a few days ago I had a one-a-day streak going of 19 days) and plan to keep up the activity. If I can do one a day I should hit 100 on July 21.

My plan was actually to wait a day and take my wife on a hike up to Indian Lookout (GC5Q5V5), which is near my house, on Wednesday July 22.
I did it! Not on the day I had planned, and I didn't take my wife. Schedules changed and it didn't work out. But I had fun anyway! Here's the log: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx ... 43af45dc36

I thank you all for the caches you have hidden and the support on the forums. A special thanks to the lovely person who gave me a premium membership when there was no reason they should help me. I promise I am trying to get to an event soon but again, schedules…
Death Wish Dave
MGS Member

Post by Death Wish Dave »

I finally found my 50th 5/5 cache last night! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Since I turned 50 this year, and Aug 26th was my 5 year geocaching anniversary, I set a goal to find 50 5/5s before then. For #50, we had plans to attack an extreme cache in PA on Aug 23 (Whiskey! Tango! Foxtrot!). However, coiledpigeon had a local 5/5 (4 Evil Grins) publish on August 3rd.

It wasn't a tough choice, knowing how awesome (and dangerous 8O) coiledpigeon hides tend to be. This one did not disappoint. It took 5 separate days with between 1 and 4 people searching to find the 4 evil stages and complete the field puzzle. I needed to use climbing gear on 3 of 4 stages. This is definitely the most physically challenging cache in Maryland.

Thanks to all the MD COs for placing 5/5s for me to find and for all of my extreme geo-friends for being there to keep me safe through the more challenging ones.
==============================================================================
The geocacher formerly know as CacheSKing.
TeamRedOak
MGS Member

Post by TeamRedOak »

Congratulations DWD Here are a few more Evil Grins for you. :smt077 :smt077 :smt077 :smt077 :smt077 :smt077 :smt077 :smt077 :smt077 :smt077
lpaulriddle
MGS Director

Post by lpaulriddle »

Congrats, DWD!! It was great to be able to tag along for a couple of the 50.
ZippyFinn
MGS Member

Post by ZippyFinn »

Awe inspiring is what you are. "And when Dave saw the breadth of his domain he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hmmm....doubt that....

CONGRATS!