Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Welcome to the New Members!

General Chit-Chat.
robert
MGS Site Admin

Welcome to the New Members!

Post by robert »

Just a note to WELCOME all the new members! We're close to 425, adding new ones each day. If you've recently signed up, this thread is for you. Feel free to introduce yourselves if you'd like. :D
Last edited by robert on Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-robert
MGS Site Admin, MGS Director, former Officer
Need to change or edit your username? Send me a PM!
Link to the MGS | Visit us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | robert@mdgps.org
Grinelle
MGS Member

Post by Grinelle »

Hello to all! :-D
My geo-name is Grinelle, although I have been known to answer to Janice upon occasion :D I joined late in the fall of 2003, and cache when I can squeeze in free time between coaching soccer,playing soccer and ferrying kids to and fro. (It's hard being Supermom! :doh: )
Although I have barely a dozen or so caches logged as of yet...I am always looking for the opportunity to add more...aren't we all!!?? As a female cacher, I prefer to cache with a geo-buddy, and am usually available between the hours of 9am and 2pm-ish with some advance notification. I check in on the forums a few times a week.
Feel free to check my profile and contact me via email if you want a buddy while caching! I'm in shape and not afraid to go bushwacking or get muddy! I am located in the 21061 area of Glen Burnie.

:!: Let's go caching :!:
<P>Soccer is...football with finesse. </P>
<P>Damn, I forgot the duct tape... </P>
angryEMT
MGS Member

Post by angryEMT »

hello everyone,
I am new to this group, I don't live in Maryland, I live in New Jersey, but if you look at my stats on Geocaching.com, you'll notice I have been into Maryland on my hunts. I hope no one minds that I have joined up since I am an out of stater, but I am thinking of moving somehwere near Perryville, but I am open to other areas as well.
angryEMT
robert
MGS Site Admin

Post by robert »

We have people registered from a lot of different states, NJ is no exception. :)

Welcome to the MGS!
-robert
Link to the MGS | Visit us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | robert@mdgps.org
javajem
MGS Member

Hello!

Post by javajem »

Hi! I'm new to geocaching - my hubby Scotaku told me about it and now I'm hooked! :-D

I have found 7 so far and can't wait to find more!

I live in Elkridge, MD and work in Washington DC - so I have access to alot of area for caching. I never knew there were so many hidden parks and lakes in Howard county. I've been living in MD for almost 6 years now and still find something new almost every day.

I recently took my dad along with us on a cache expedition and now I think he's going to go try to find some in PA.

I am very happy to have found this site and hope to find lots more new places to explore.

Oh, - Mrkablooey - I think Scotaku and I have been following in your footsteps lately! We seem to have gone to the same caches a few days after you recently!

Thanks!

-Javajem :P
robert
MGS Site Admin

Post by robert »

javajem:

I notice you went to Myer Ashendorf recently... that one was fun, definitely a lot easier in this season than it was when I originally went in August of last year! You'll have to go back in the summer when everything is in full growth, it's crazy! :D

I live in Elkridge, too, so we may be neighbors! And as for following in my footsteps, maybe when I head out next time, I'll go in reverse order, and we can cross paths. ;)
-robert
trev
Former MGS Officer

Welcome!

Post by trev »

Welcome everyone. I look forward to meeting you at a gathering or on the trails.

Trev
Last Lap Gang
MGS Member

Welcome

Post by Last Lap Gang »

Great to see all the new handles posting. Keep it up it adds so much to the forums to see all these great geocachers posting! :D

From Mrs. Last Lap:
Welcome! Can't wait to meet you all on the trails! Hey, let us know of your local Newspaper when you get a chance!
Last edited by Last Lap Gang on Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wags from the Last Lap Gang!

Caching from So Md & SE PA since 2002
javajem
MGS Member

Post by javajem »

MR Kablooey - we are neighbors!

It would be cool to get a group of locals together sometime to go caching. Especially for us newbys to get to know people.

Ginelle just emailed me to get together and go caching sometime - anyone else interested?

-Javajem
robert
MGS Site Admin

Post by robert »

javajem,

There are group hunts every now and then, I set up a forum specifically for those types of requests:

http://www.mdgps.net/modules.php?name=F ... forum&f=31
-robert
Masican
MGS Member

Post by Masican »

Hello Everyone,
I just joined a few days ago, and wanted to introduce myself. My geocaching name is Masican, in 'real' life I go by Jim. I live in Lebanon, Pa about 20 miles east of Hershey (Chocolate Town USA) - lots of caches in this area. I currently have 151 finds since embarking on my geo adventure in September 2003. I see a lot of you are located in Elkridge, one of my favorite finds was 'Ghost Hill' - what is that place anyway??
If any member is ever in the greater Lebanon area and would like to do some geocaching, please feel free to contact me. I'm available most weekends, and some weekday mornings.
I've seen a lot of your log entries in the caches around the area, especially the Mt Gretna area, hope to see All of you along the Geocaching Trail of Quests.

Masican :)
trev
Former MGS Officer

Thanks for the invite!

Post by trev »

We'll be sure and contact you if we're coming up that way. Take care!

Trev
robert
MGS Site Admin

Post by robert »

Masican,

Welcome to the MGS! We'll be having our camping trip up that way in April, maybe you could join us, even if you don't stay? We had quite a day in Mt Gretna, I'm sure the logs you saw were filled with frustration. ;)

Thanks for introducing yourself, and again, welcome!

BTW, Ghost Hill is in our cache reviews section, and if I remember right, it was a pig farm of some sort. 8O
-robert
trev
Former MGS Officer

Ghost hill

Post by trev »

Looks like an old still....bottles everywhere!

It was my first cache and still one of my favorites.

Trev
robert
MGS Site Admin

Post by robert »

Trev,

That's one of the ones that's so close to home I haven't done it yet. I like having options close to home in case I need/want to get out for a few quick ones after work or something.

I'll put it on my list to do soon. Never know how long some of these "classics" will be around, like Parr House virtual and Pitcher of Natural Light.
-robert
Lakemaster
Former MGS Officer

Post by Lakemaster »

Greetings all!

I grew up on Hanover road,not far from the site of (ghost hill)on. That spot is actually the site of an old hog farm that was sold and abandoned years ago. Sure looks different now! Kinda spooky if done in the evening when the sun has set. 8O Still a great spot for a cache though.
:-D
Lakemaster
Masican
MGS Member

Post by Masican »

Well I would have never guessed that was any type of farm at anytime, very intersting. Thanks for the information . :)
phat_bak
MGS Member

Another newbie to this board ...

Post by phat_bak »

but very active in the North Georgia mtns. and the GGA. I have a brother that lives in Fairfax and visited him for XMas. Even got to log a cache in MD! http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 1BC71362A} STVMP.
Great site.
robert
MGS Site Admin

Post by robert »

Phat_bak:
I grew up in Fairfax and know the area pretty well. :) I have family in Georgia now, but it's my wife's side. They're in Perry, Woodstock, hmmm, where else? Don't remember. 8O
-robert
Last Lap Gang
MGS Member

Welcome Phat_bak

Post by Last Lap Gang »

Welcome to the boards phat_bak. Keep an eye out for the MGS monthly events and the picnics in the summer and fall. Who knows they may fall on a time when you are up visiting. We have a grand time and love vistors from all over to come experience the Old Line states hospitality. :D
Wags from the Last Lap Gang!

Caching from So Md & SE PA since 2002