Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Welcome to the New Members!

General Chit-Chat.
Alzarius
MGS Director

Re: Welcome to the New Members!

Post by Alzarius »

Hi Eyor)(49! Welcome to the MGS! I see lostsole68 & Zekester have already helped you with some of your questions. (Thanks guys!)

Glad to hear you've already tracked down an event. That's the best way to meet other cachers and get more involved. Feel free to go to that event's cache page and log a ‘will-attend’. It's not a strict requirement, but it does help the event organiser know how many people to expect.

The next MGS event will be the Meet the Officers event (GC68HZ3) in Hanover on February 6th. You'll meet loads of cachers there. Hope you can join us!

As you've already discovered, there are lots of friendly people here on the MGS forum willing to offer help and advice. All you need to do is ask. Thanks for introducing yourself, and i hope to greet you in person at an event sometime soon!
Phishtkach
MGS Member

Post by Phishtkach »

Hey everyone! Phishtkach here! Just joined up the other day because I'm really interested in doing CAM this year! Me and my wife JoannaTN7 have been caching for about two years now. Still learning a lot every time we head out. Currently we use the Official Geocaching app but I am looking into getting an actual GPS device. We're just a little over 300 caches as of right now! We live out in Hagerstown currently and are very lucky because there are a lot of caches nearby! We've already gotten numerous WVTim caches and we've learned a lot just from finding them. Haven't been to too many events yet, but we're getting there. We have two kids we drag around with us, an eleven year old and a three year old! I hope to meet more fellow cachers at future events! Thanks!
CookieKids410
MGS Member

Post by CookieKids410 »

Hello everyone
My name is Sam and I am the most active member of the CookieKids410. I am really enjoying meeting so many new people and seeing so many new places through geocaching. I am currently working on cam 2016 and wit holy having 165 finds under my belt prior to starting cam. I must say it is amazing where these caches take you. I'm sorry if I ask a lot of questions but I'm trying to do this and do this right. If you see me on the streets make sure to say hey. Till then. Keep caching. Sam CookieKids410
Shenanagan
Former MGS Officer

Post by Shenanagan »

CookieKids410 wrote:Hello everyone
My name is Sam and I am the most active member of the CookieKids410. I am really enjoying meeting so many new people and seeing so many new places through geocaching. I am currently working on cam 2016 and wit holy having 165 finds under my belt prior to starting cam. I must say it is amazing where these caches take you. I'm sorry if I ask a lot of questions but I'm trying to do this and do this right. If you see me on the streets make sure to say hey. Till then. Keep caching. Sam CookieKids410
Hey Sam! It was nice meeting you at the CAM kickoff event. I can't wait to discover one of your geo cookies in a cache. I'm glad you're having a blast with CAM this year. After doing my first CAM I got gung-ho into geocaching. I hope the same goes for you and the rest of CookieKids410. See you on the trails! :smt006
zekester
MGS Member

Post by zekester »

Please welcome Tyler to the MGS. He is a refugee from West Virginia, where he used to live under a car. We've taken under our wing, and will be introducing him to geocaching tomorrow. Below you see him practicing today in the back yard!

LestISmiteThee
MGS Member

Post by LestISmiteThee »

Awwww! Welcome, Tyler! So glad you found him, Zekester!
CivilRightsCacher
MGS Member

Post by CivilRightsCacher »

Welcome Tyler!!! I am so glad you found Zekester & Simon! You couldn't have adopted more awesome humans!
LestISmiteThee
MGS Member

Post by LestISmiteThee »

A [NEW MEMBER] has appeared!

/end Pokemon reference :D

I'm super excited to announce that on May 1, there will be a new member of the LestISmiteThee family and Maryland Geocaching Society!

ImageImage

She's a 6-month old, 11-pound corgi-mix pup who is currently being fostered by the Furry Friends Network in PA. She was found as a 2-month old stray in WV. I'm told by her foster mom that she holds her own against her 50-pound canine foster sister in a play-wrestling match and she respects her feline foster sibling :lol:

We've been trying to adopt another canine buddy for our corgi-mix Coconut for over a year, but it turns out corgis are so popular around here that they're always adopted by the time we apply. We wanted someone who would be the same size as Coconut, but since corgis are medium-sized dogs with tiny legs, a small dog or a normal-sized medium dog wouldn't quite fit. We also didn't have an age preference, it just so happens that she will be my first puppy.

We've decided to hold off naming her till we've had a few days with her, though I'd like to keep our food theme going (Coconut the corgi, Cake the cat, Takoyaki the hamster) since food makes me happy too :D Butternut (Buttnut for short)? Rum Chata (Cha-Cha)? Mango? We shall see! And we'll have a Log My Dog set ready for her first Geocaching adventure! :dance: I'll also post pics of her growing up and caching on my new Instagram page!
zekester
MGS Member

Post by zekester »

What a cutie! How very awesome! We'll have to set a play date/mutual cache hunt with Tyler!
Dstallz
MGS Member

Post by Dstallz »

Hey,

I'm Dstallz I've been geocaching for a while with my dad Lostsole68 for about 5 years and I go pretty infrequently to local events in Maryland. I hope to have fun on this website :dance:
Lostsole68
MGS Member

Post by Lostsole68 »

Dstallz wrote:Hey,

I'm Dstallz I've been geocaching for a while with my dad Lostsole68 for about 5 years and I go pretty infrequently to local events in Maryland. I hope to have fun on this website :dance:
Now I have to deal with you on here now :lol:

Welcome to the real world!
----------------
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."
-----------------
MGCREW
MGS Member

Post by MGCREW »

Welcome Tyler !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
bloodycool
MGS Member

Post by bloodycool »

Howdy all,

I am Nels (aka bloodycool) from Gaithersburg, and a new member to MGS as it somehow escaped me that this group existed despite years of living/caching here. The past few years I have done most of my geocaching while traveling (hence having greater than 50% of my finds over 1,000 miles away) since most of my caching friends moved away. I especially enjoy physically tough caches (such as the Psycho Urban Caches) and creative problem solving caches, but not so much typical puzzle caches as they make my cerebrum liquefy.
I've already added the MGS summer picnic to my calendar and hope to start attending other local events so I can meet other cachers in this area.
Icyblue
MGS Member

Post by Icyblue »

Hi All,

I'm Mike, been caching for essentially a few months (started a while ago, but stopped until recently) and have just under 100 finds. I'm trying to do alot of caching (Both urban and hiking) over the next couple seasons, and maybe even try for a geotour or two. I love caches that make you think. Some of my favorites have been puns or riddles that ended up leading directly to the cache. I'll find any that seem interesting though!

I've been unable to interest any of my friends in caching (Crazy, right?!) so I'd love to find a partner or two to go with for all this caching I have planned. If anyone lives in the relative area of Columbia, MD, and is up for some partnering, Send me a message or let me know!
ZombieHunterMD
MGS Member

Post by ZombieHunterMD »

Hi,
I am pretty new at geocaching and would like to get to know some fellow Cachers. I am from the Catonsville area. :smt006
Dradicus
MGS Member

Post by Dradicus »

Welcome y'all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zekester
MGS Member

Post by zekester »

ZombieHunterMD wrote:Hi,
I am pretty new at geocaching and would like to get to know some fellow Cachers. I am from the Catonsville area. :smt006
There is an event tonight at a Five guys in Frederick, hosted by another ZombieHunter! More on that here:

http://coord.info/GC6GW44

Events are one of the best ways to meet other cachers and learn more about this activity. We host a monthly event in Eldersburg every third Tuesday, and we'd be happy to introduce you to others who have an avid interest.

Also, don't hesitate to post any questions you have, or catching expeditions you are planning on these forums. We're here to help!
ZombieHunterMD
MGS Member

Post by ZombieHunterMD »

Thanks for the advice. I will not hesitate to ask any questions that I may have. I will keep I eye out for the different events around Maryland.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
ericchurch
MGS Member

Post by ericchurch »

Hello gyuz, :smt006
Newbie to this geocoaching society, hope to have fun with you all
ar15a3
MGS Member

Post by ar15a3 »

Hello! I was introduced to geocaching by a friend last year. I am still fairly new, but I am picking up quickly. I found one of your path-tags near halls creek and I decided to join your group. I hope to discover that I made a great decision! :D