Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

GeoWoodstock XVI - Cincinnati Bound

General Chit-Chat.
CivilRightsCacher
MGS Member

Re: GeoWoodstock XVI - Cincinnati Bound

Post by CivilRightsCacher »

Zoop Cacher and I will be there - we are getting an AirBnB. I don’t remember the dates bc we booked it so long ago... I think Thursday through Sunday or Monday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
amanda and knobbie
MGS Member

Post by amanda and knobbie »

The Amanda and Knobbie clan is heading over to Geowoodstock in Cincy via RV. We reserved a camp site at Clermont County Fairgrounds for Friday and Saturday nights. I think we will plan on leaving after school on Thursday. Need some Skyline Chili!
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

I was just old that the GeoWoodstock events are supposed to be released this week. I plan on examining the events list and posting a place and time for the MGS photo-op I suspect that we'll schedule the MGS photo about 15 minutes just before the GeoWoodstack picture event. That way we'll have our group mostly together for the GWS 2018 group photo.

So far, I've heard from just over 20 of MGS members who will be attending the GWS, but over 500 have registered for the event. I hope to hear from more of the attendees. I'd love to set up a dinner for our group on Friday evening at a local restaurant for those interested.
Al Woltz (AKA: FatBaldOldMan or FBOM)
-RobFam
MGS Member

Post by -RobFam »

Leaving Northern Va Friday at sunrise, taking the Geo-scenic way. I created an ambitious route with caches planned in VA, DC, MD, PA, WV, & OH. Planned cache types include Trad, Multi, Mystery, Earth, Wherigo, Webcam, Virtual, and LB (& an Event Cache if one pops up Friday night as I arrive).

Staying in Hotel just outside of town. Got my eye on a cache or two that i want to go after while there (The Good Luck Tree).

Be cool to see some of you there.
up & down
MGS Member

Post by up & down »

We (two of us) will be attending GeoWoodstock XVI. We'll be arriving on Wednesday evening as we will be driving. We reserved a room in Ohio not far from GeoWoodstock. Plan to drive back home on Sunday. This will be our 3rd GeoWoodstock. Looking forward to our first GIGA event.
fuzzydave
MGS Officer

Post by fuzzydave »

I'm gonna be there!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
coupleocachers
Former MGS Officer

Post by coupleocachers »

coupleocachers wrote:
FatBaldOldMan wrote:
coupleocachers wrote:We're planning to drive out. Not sure about timing yet, still trying to figure out if dbzdude wants and can come with us (he graduates HS the following week so we're not sure if we have to work around any of that important pre-graduation stuff or not).
Is AmeliaGrace going to attend?
I think we'd get in trouble if we left her at home, lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
No dbzdude, he has pre-graduation activities that Friday that he can't miss.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
We are now Mr. And Mrs. Coupleocachers and Proud parents of AmeliaGrace
ToeJam89
MGS Member

Post by ToeJam89 »

Hubby (TicksDigMe) and I will be going as well!! This is our second Geowoodstock!! I definitely want a pic of all of us from MGS taken while there!!!! Thanks to all the officers as well as all the members, we have a great group and I am so happy and proud to be part of it!
CodyHollowFarm
MGS Officer

Post by CodyHollowFarm »

Looks like I'm driving out Tuesday with my son. Trip was just approved by the boss! ( not that I was worried because she never turns down my request.)Image

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Stacy
Always caching, always searching....
jercade
Former MGS Officer

Post by jercade »

Our plans have changed we won't be able to make it Geowoodstock this year.
ToeJam89
MGS Member

Post by ToeJam89 »

FatBaldOldMan wrote:As the new PR guy for the MSG, I'd like to encourage attendance at this year's GeoWoodstock. Who's going to Cincinnati this year for the first USA GIGA Event? I think it would be great if we could get together as a Maryland Collective at some point during the event. Originally I thought it would be great to arrange a "Party Bus" to take us to the event, and then I realized that many folks will be going early and/or leaving late. My wife (Wizard's Mom) and I will now be flying to Cincinnati on Wednesday the 23rd and returning on Sunday, May 27th. I'd like to collect information about who's going, when they're traveling, and if they're staying overnight, where they're staying. Maybe we can get together at a central location for a "Micro Event" prior to the GeoWoodstock.
We (with Hubby"TicksDigMe")are leaving Wednesday and driving out. We are staying at the Red Roof in Cincinnati.Planning on going to the Roman Experience Toga party on Friday? Anyone else going to that? Love the pathtag!!
TeAm G
MGS Member

Post by TeAm G »

FatBaldOldMan wrote:As the new PR guy for the MSG, I'd like to encourage attendance at this year's GeoWoodstock. Who's going to Cincinnati this year for the first USA GIGA Event? I think it would be great if we could get together as a Maryland Collective at some point during the event. Originally I thought it would be great to arrange a "Party Bus" to take us to the event, and then I realized that many folks will be going early and/or leaving late. My wife (Wizard's Mom) and I will now be flying to Cincinnati on Wednesday the 23rd and returning on Sunday, May 27th. I'd like to collect information about who's going, when they're traveling, and if they're staying overnight, where they're staying. Maybe we can get together at a central location for a "Micro Event" prior to the GeoWoodstock.

I will be going with my son. Driving there will get in on the 23rd and leaving on the 28th
bardenl
MGS Member

Post by bardenl »

I signed up recently and found an AirBnB nearby just across the river. I can drive and am planning to be there for the Friday and Saturday, returning on Sunday though I can be flexible. I have a van that can comfortably hold five (rated for seven) or I would be glad to go with someone and pay for gas.
CivilRightsCacher
MGS Member

Post by CivilRightsCacher »

Getting excited for geocaching + donuts!!!! :D