Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Geocaching Survey

General Chit-Chat.
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Geocaching Survey

Post by littleblkdog »

Hello, fellow geocachers! My name is Stentor Danielson, aka oscar_and_count. In addition to geocaching, I am a professor in the Department of Geography, Geology, and the Environment at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania. Though I don't live in Maryland, I'm contacting a bunch of local geocaching groups, and your moderator kindly allowed me to post here about a study I'm doing.

I’m doing some research about geocaching, in order to better understand how geocaching affects how people engage with places. For the current phase of my research, I’m interested in what makes for a good geocaching experience. I’ve created a short survey, which you can access here: https://application.qsortware.net/user/sdanielson/ (Note that the site only works on regular computers, not mobile devices, unfortunately.)

At the end of the survey you will have the option to share your email address if you are willing to be contacted with follow-up questions, but otherwise I won’t collect any personally identifying information from you. And it’s completely voluntary.

Please note that my research is not connected to the research currently being done by Groundspeak – mine is a separate, independent project.