Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Info about MD Chocolate Trail Kickoff?

General Chit-Chat.
LestISmiteThee
MGS Member

Info about MD Chocolate Trail Kickoff?

Post by LestISmiteThee »

https://coord.info/GC8662X

Can anyone tell me about this geotrail? I just saw a couple kick-off events publish, but I looked through the forums and did a Google search and couldn't find anything. Thanks!
KennedyCachers
MGS Member

Re: Info about MD Chocolate Trail Kickoff?

Post by KennedyCachers »

I came here searching for the same thing. I saw the event and it sounds like fun. I was just hoping to get a bit more information about the trail itself.
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

JL826, kbittner, and hopupoffme have been working on this geotrail for several months. JL826 plans to publish a little more about the trail in the very near future.
Al Woltz (AKA: FatBaldOldMan or FBOM)
JL826
MGS Member

Post by JL826 »

The Md Chocolate Trail is an independent trail put together by 15 chocolate locations and also myself, Kbittner14, Hopupoffme and CodyHollowFarm and many other CO's. It has 15 caches spread through the state but mostly centralized it requires finding all 15 caches to qualify for a uniquely designed pathtag.
bneeriemer
MGS Member

Post by bneeriemer »

=>it requires finding all 15 caches to qualify for a uniquely designed pathtag.

You had me at Chocolate... :P
KennedyCachers
MGS Member

Post by KennedyCachers »

This sounds like fun. I can't wait. Thanks to everyone involved.
Suttymonks
MGS Member

Post by Suttymonks »

Hi everyone -- My husband and I have really been enjoying working on this geotrail. We made a lot of progress over the weekend -- and gained a few pounds from too many purchases. LOL. We have some questions that we were wondering if anyone could answer for us. We would appreciate any help and don't need a ton of detail, just clarity. Hoping to finish this up during CAM so trying to get organized now. Thanks, Suttymonks

1. Three of the ones we have not done (Russell Stover, Theodor Tobler and Oliver & Silas Chase) are all noted at the moment as requiring owner maintenance. The last two are in place, just needing attention so I think we could do them. But Russell Stover has been taken from the hide site for repairs. Do we just wait for it to be put back and go back (so we have enough #s of finds)?

2. The hide in Fells Point was originally a multi and the GC code on the passport does not match the one online but we found the cache and have the code word -- are we "good to go" for this one (will the "re-hide" substitution count)?

3. I searched GC.com for "Sweet Cascades Chocolatier, Ellicott City - GC82PBN" and it tells me the GC code is not valid. I pulled up the MDCT profile and looked at the list of hidden caches for the account and it is not there either. Was this one not published or was it archived? Do we cross it off our list?

4. There are 16 spots on the passport to record code words. MDCT - Milton Hershey GC82PAT has been archived. We can't find GC82PBN anywhere... This leaves only 14 caches in the series. Since we are required to find at least 15 (and now there are only 14 left of the original 16) what does this mean for completion requirements?

5. Lastly, are there any pathtags even left? We were trying to count how many usernames had signed the logbooks (about 70 logs on each cache page currently) as we went but we weren't sure how many tags were ordered...

If you can think of any other relevant info that may help us, that would be great. Have a wonderful week!
hopupoffme
MGS Member

Post by hopupoffme »

Hey guys! I have some answers to the MDCT questions on this thread! :D

1) Are there any pathtags left? YES, YES, YES!! Get out there and find them!!
2) How many active MDCT caches are there? 11 (as of 4/15/21)
3) How many do I have to find to earn the pathtag? 10 (as of 4/15/21)

Links:
Welcome to the Maryland Chocolate Trail: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pJM ... sp=sharing
List of all MDCT Caches: https://coord.info/BM6E7KG
Passport (as of 4/15/21): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DlJ1KN ... sp=sharing