Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

MOST UNIQUE CACHE

Plan your group hikes/get-togethers, discuss caches in need of TLC/adoption plus new & favorite caches, as well as park/geocacher relations.
Klause von Kuhn
MGS Member

MOST UNIQUE CACHE

Post by Klause von Kuhn »

I haven't done this cache, but I do think that it is the most unique. It was done last year and has come out again this year. It is in Montana and it is called the Human Geocache by..Skydiver http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... x?ID=67410
L33T_Hacksta
Former MGS Officer

UNIQUE!!!

Post by L33T_Hacksta »

That is by far the coolest and most outrageous geocache idea i have ever seen! Props to skydiver! Thanks for bringing this cool idea to my attention Klause pal!
Lakemaster
Former MGS Officer

Post by Lakemaster »

Hey guys. I'm not sure I'm understanding this one. If I'm to understand this cache, The individual who is the cache goes to the woods for a week or two and cachers have to find him to log the cache. Is the cache archived when he leaves the woods or does he leave something behind for others to find?
Klause von Kuhn
MGS Member

Archived

Post by Klause von Kuhn »

It gets archived. It is like a geocache/event. Two caches in one so to speak.
Lakemaster
Former MGS Officer

Post by Lakemaster »

If as you say this cache is archived, I'm not sure I agree with this application of cache creation. Might no be exactly fair to some who can't make it during that small window of opportunity. A geocaching event such as a picnic or monthly meeting is usually planned far ahead and generally benifits the organization or the sport in some way. This just seems to be a completely different deal to me. I will say however that it is a unique idea but I question that it truly adheres to the rules set down by geocaching.com concerning temporary caches. If indeed this is a far planned event that benifits the sport or their organization then thats another story alltogether. Oh well...just an opinion from the heights of my soap box.