Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Tunnel Trail South of York near I 83

Plan your group hikes/get-togethers, discuss caches in need of TLC/adoption plus new & favorite caches, as well as park/geocacher relations.
Last Lap Gang
MGS Member

Tunnel Trail South of York near I 83

Post by Last Lap Gang »

Man oh man I am gald we stopped for this one. I was tired and it was around 6:30 Sunday night. We had not ate since the great lunch at the SC Pennsylvania Geocachers Picnic. Mrs. Last Lap says to me we are 100 feet away and of course and I going 70 MPH on I 83. Wow I say I am turning off the next exit I am game if you are so we skipped dinner. Let me just say we took a yet nother stupid dusk risk and bushwhacked. Every single rock was a slimy mess so bushwhacking was slow. We gave up and decided the shallow creek bed was a better bet. We finnaly found the tunnel. If you have ever seen Being John Malkovich or Willy Wonka (both awesome movies) you will apprciate this 300 foot long 5 foot tall tunnel. As I am 5 foot 3 and Mrs. Last Lap is 5 foot 8 it was not as discomforting to me. Our boots stayed fairly dry as we sloshed through the couple of inches of water. Paydirt was near us. We found the cache at the same time. I saw the back and pointed and she saw the front. We made a lopsided trade to restock the cache. This cache is on both our top ten lists now and is only a short drive from Baltimore. Yes we did eat about 9 on Route 301 in Bowie. Long day it was. :D
Last Lap Gang
MGS Member

ooops

Post by Last Lap Gang »

Klause von Kuhn
MGS Member

Sounds like fun to me

Post by Klause von Kuhn »

What was the name of this cache? I love tunnels and would love to journey to this one sometime. Approximately how far from Baltimore is it?
Last Lap Gang
MGS Member

Tunnel Trail

Post by Last Lap Gang »

Klause it was called Tunnel Trail. I would say about 45 minutes north of Baltimore starting on 83 at the Beltway.
Lakemaster
Former MGS Officer

Post by Lakemaster »

Hey Charlie this sounds like a very good time. Can we say....ROAD TRIPPPPP! I'm up for it if you are. This weekend is out but the one after is wide open. Mrs.Lakemaster and I are celebrating our 28th anniversery on the 14th and of course fathers day is also on that weekend. Ahhh to be pampered by those you love. Life dosn't get much better than that. :D
Thanks for flaging this cache for us Lastlap Gang. I will add it to my experiences.
Last Lap Gang
MGS Member

Hey Lake a hearty congrats

Post by Last Lap Gang »

Hey congratulations Lakemaster on the upcoming 28th anniversary. I bow to that and hold that high as my beloved Mrs. Last Lap and I have yet to have that 1st one yet.

Yes Klause and Lake there is a cluster of caches all near I 83 on the south side of York so it would be a good road trip to work. We had to pick one and I am glad it was the Tunnel Trail and it was a good little work out. :D
Klause von Kuhn
MGS Member

Post by Klause von Kuhn »

That weekend sounds good to me so far. Perhaps we should rally the troops for this one. Crashmore, JPatton, Trevelyan's R&R and anyone else that has an interest, is more than welcomed to join us. Please post here. By the way, that is the weekend of June 21-22, 2003. Boy will it feel good to get away for awhile and just enjoy a day of caching with good friends.