Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Who is headed to Geowoodstock in Denver?

Plan your group hikes/get-togethers, discuss caches in need of TLC/adoption plus new & favorite caches, as well as park/geocacher relations.
LestISmiteThee
MGS Member

Re: Who is headed to Geowoodstock in Denver?

Post by LestISmiteThee »

cooley1103 wrote:MGS photo update:

1130 @ Geowoodstock sign

The event pixie is at 1200, so we can knock out our pic real quick.
11:30am on Sunday, July 3?
cooley1103
Former MGS Officer

Post by cooley1103 »

Yes, July 3rd

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
hostanut
MGS Member

Post by hostanut »

Add LadyH and hostanut to the names of cachers driving,
Dradicus
MGS Member

Post by Dradicus »

So how was it? I wanted to go but couldn't take the time off work. Pictures or it didn't happen! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PatientRock
MGS Officer

Post by PatientRock »

Had a lot of fun at GeoWoodstock, mainly because it was an excuse to go out and visit my sister who too has gotten into geocaching. It was cool introducing her to the extra dorky aspects of the hobby that get highlighted when tons of cachers get together. Though, this GeoWoodstock has made me extra appreciate how organized last year's Boonsboro event was. Check in was a bit of a mess and lunch was pretty much nonexistent. They had a handful of food trucks and unless you were willing to wait in line for an hour+ they ran out of food by 1:30pm. The lab caches at all the different breweries in Denver were a neat idea in theory but ultimately not very practical since you had to drive between most of them-- couldn't enjoy the product! We ended up just doing park and grabs for the special codes.

It wasn't all bad and there are plenty more upbeat notes about this GeoWoodstock, but I mainly wanted to highlight that the folks who ran last year's get an extra gold star from me!
cooley1103
Former MGS Officer

Post by cooley1103 »

Dradicus wrote:So how was it? I wanted to go but couldn't take the time off work. Pictures or it didn't happen! :)
First off, nothing will ever top what we pulled off last year with GeoWoodstock XIII.

If I had to rate the event, it was ok. They had their flaws, but as a whole it was not overly bad, unless you expected Boonsboro part 2.

The thing about attending a Mega is the other things you do around your trip. The event is only a small piece of the whole weekend. Many people made the trek to Kansas to get Mingo, visited Pike's Peak and Mt Evans, and many did a cross country road trip hitting so many wonderful sites along the way.