Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Lexington Park Geotrail

What's New And Exciting in Geocaching
Terri
MGS Member

Re: Lexington Park Geotrail

Post by Terri »

Sorry I hadn't replied. I work for the post office and December tends to be a bit busy. Anyway, yes, there are still a few coins left.

And, we received a grant allowing us to buy more!!!! So, I just need to get out there and make sure all the caches stay in good order and I've been asked to add a few more caches.
DCWarrior
MGS Member

Post by DCWarrior »

Team Cache N Out decided to do this trail this past Saturday. Seven of us made our way down to Lexington Park and completed it. We made our way to the store to turn in our passports, and the shop keeper said we had just missed you being there, Terri. We received our coins, had good conversation with the lady, looked around the store a while and bought a few things. We split up after this, some to work on the SSB Trail and some to work on the MML Trail.

Thank you, Terri, for putting this together. The coin is incredibly nice!!!!! Plus, I reached my 300 find milestone in the midst of the LP Trail. A great day of geocaching!
Kitakima
MGS Member

Post by Kitakima »

It has been over a year now since anyone has posted on this thread, so I thought I would check on this trail. Is it still active or are the coins now gone?
Terri
MGS Member

Post by Terri »

There are still coins and the trail is still viable.....though there aren't as many caches as when the trail started.
eissak
Former MGS Officer

Post by eissak »

I'm going to finish this trail sometime before summer is done. :) Cool town!!!
Cooldude24
MGS Member

Post by Cooldude24 »

Several of the caches are archived. How does that impact the trail? Are the geocoins still awarded? Thanks
ODragon
MGS Member

Post by ODragon »

Cooldude24 wrote:Several of the caches are archived. How does that impact the trail? Are the geocoins still awarded? Thanks
Hello my southerly friends, I came here to speak on this geotrail and found this thread.

Yes, you can still get the coins even though only 8 of the caches are active. We did it this week, first group since august to get coins based on the sign in sheet they had.

I came to try to find people who live in that area to help them. They have a whole box of coins and only a couple of caches left. This trail had degenerated into real trash. Is there someone local that could help them get it back to being a star? I had no idea how bad it would be or I would have contacted them before we went and fixed it all. A couple of places are missing codes, a codeless throwdown replaces one of them and at least one of the actives (I think 2) are missing.

If someone is interested, I really think they could use the help of a cacher to keep this alive. They have a full box of coins (100 or 250, not sure what size the box is), they just need to people to realize the trail is still active and give some love to the caches. We think that because of how deteriorated it is, people don't believe it is still active.

Anyway, I've made my plea for them. Happy caching and if you haven't done the trail, go spend an hour (plus however long it takes to get there) and do it. There are some nice caches in the area, go get that DeLorme Grid and/or county you need and a free geocoin!