Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Hello from your new Reviewer: FrancisScottKey

What's New And Exciting in Geocaching
FrancisScottKey
MGS Member

Hello from your new Reviewer: FrancisScottKey

Post by FrancisScottKey »

Good morning and happy last day of September. We/I wanted to take a minute and introduce ourself/s as your new reviewer/s starting tomorrow Oct. first. We/I are looking forward to getting your hides published. We/I will say that we had long discussions with the retiring reviewer SirCrab before getting this position. We/I still believe that our biggest challenge will be living up to the standards set by him. That was and still is one of our biggest concerns. Please bear with us as we work to make the transition and know that we are going to be careful at first getting into the process so don't expect that cache to be published in minutes.

NOTE: at this point we/I are going to use the plural tense for the rest of this post. You may continue now

It has been a very busy weekend for us and most of our weekends are that. We are active in this community and know a lot of you out there. We have many hides and have been around for many years as well. While attending the CAM picnic this year many of you had a hand in helping us make the final determination to become the next reviewer. No we didn't talk to anyone directly about this but it was the atmosphere and the warm smiles and handshakes that did go a long way.

We will eventually come out and all will know us at some point but that might be a month that might be a few months we will have to wait and see. We have been trying to figure out just how to have a really good coming out party/event or something. Stay tuned for that.

Lastly we will finish where we started. SirCrab thank you for the outstanding job you have done as the reviewer. Thank you for all the support you have given us in learning these new tasks. Your approach and dedication is something we are going to strive for.

FrancisScottKey
Maryland/DC Reviewer
Alzarius
MGS Director

Re: Hello from your new Reviewer: FrancisScottKey

Post by Alzarius »

Welcome aboard the SS Needs Archived! :captain While your predecessor has left a sizeable pair of flippers for you to fill, the fact that you've been trained by the best inspires confidence that we're in safe hands. I wish you the best of luck as you make your way through the transition, and i look forward to the implementation of your new policy restricting the number of NitW submissions from former reviewers.:smt079

:welcome1
_JohnnyCache
Former MGS Officer

Post by _JohnnyCache »

FrancisScottKey wrote:Good morning and happy last day of September. We/I wanted to take a minute and introduce ourself/s as your new reviewer/s starting tomorrow Oct. first. We/I are looking forward to getting your hides published. We/I will say that we had long discussions with the retiring reviewer SirCrab before getting this position. We/I still believe that our biggest challenge will be living up to the standards set by him. That was and still is one of our biggest concerns. Please bear with us as we work to make the transition and know that we are going to be careful at first getting into the process so don't expect that cache to be published in minutes.

NOTE: at this point we/I are going to use the plural tense for the rest of this post. You may continue now

It has been a very busy weekend for us and most of our weekends are that. We are active in this community and know a lot of you out there. We have many hides and have been around for many years as well. While attending the CAM picnic this year many of you had a hand in helping us make the final determination to become the next reviewer. No we didn't talk to anyone directly about this but it was the atmosphere and the warm smiles and handshakes that did go a long way.

We will eventually come out and all will know us at some point but that might be a month that might be a few months we will have to wait and see. We have been trying to figure out just how to have a really good coming out party/event or something. Stay tuned for that.

Lastly we will finish where we started. SirCrab thank you for the outstanding job you have done as the reviewer. Thank you for all the support you have given us in learning these new tasks. Your approach and dedication is something we are going to strive for.

FrancisScottKey
Maryland/DC Reviewer
I see allot of "we" in the introduction, can Maryland now have two reviewers? Is the Maryland reviewer now a super villain publishing caches at the flip of a coin? 8O

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

-- Albert Einstein
_JohnnyCache
Former MGS Officer

Post by _JohnnyCache »

Alzarius wrote:i look forward to the implementation of your new policy restricting the number of NitW submissions from former reviewers.:smt079

:ban :ban :ban :ban :ban :ban
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

-- Albert Einstein