Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

CAM 2020 Logs - Town of Rock Hall

Discussion of CAM, the CAM caches, etc. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!
tazscouter
MGS Officer

CAM 2020 Logs - Town of Rock Hall

Post by tazscouter »

CAM 2020: Town of Rock Hall

You may post your CAM 2020: Town of Rock Hall logs here. No spoilers please! :shhh:
On May 2nd you will be able to officially post your log on geocaching.com.
Kctysor
MGS Member

Re: CAM 2020 Logs - Town of Rock Hall

Post by Kctysor »

Took a long tome and a lot of geocachers to find this one! Coordinations are incorrect...... finally was able to locate some correct coordinates on face book! Yeahhhh!
Met a bunch of new geocaching friends!
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

Due to the problem with the initial coordinates, I missed the FTF on this one by about ten minutes. Alas, I shouldn't have stopped for coffee on my way South. TFTC. TNLNSL.
Al Woltz (AKA: FatBaldOldMan or FBOM)
DSG53DoyleStreetGang
MGS Member

Post by DSG53DoyleStreetGang »

FTF at 1202, pretty little town
joejackson
MGS Member

Post by joejackson »

We started at BeeTree Preserve, went to Chesapeake City next, then finished up at Rock Hall. We parked at the parking coordinates and began our tour of the town. Redrayii suggested driving to the different stages and the bonus caches, but thinking that there might not be much parking, I talked him into walking it. By now, the morning rain and chilliness was gone, and we had a nice warm sunny afternoon in Rock Hall.

Easy to get the info from each of the stages, so when we finished the big loop, we were confident we had the right coordinates. We checked out where they were, and this time I let Ray win the fight and we drove to the final. I’m pretty sure I looked at the hiding spot at least twice, possibly even touched it, but I moved right past. While I was trying a different area, Ray double-checked where I had been looking at and made the find.

TFTC!
Bocco
MGS Member

Post by Bocco »

CAM2020 #3
03/15
This was the first of two for the day. It was a beautiful day on the eastern shore and we loved the scenic views along our drive.
We opted to drive to the stages as we still wanted to have enough time get down to the Ocean City cache. The history was interesting to learn and we enjoyed our tour of Rock Hall.
Thanks for a very well done CAM cache.
afriendofB
MGS Member

Post by afriendofB »

After Chesapeake City, Seeker4Life, Found4Life, 1Grandmama and I headed to Rock Hall. We ran into a number of other cachers and made our way through all of the information gathering. After a false run for the final, we checked the forums and discovered the corrections. After that there was no problem finding the cache. Hope the other group thought to check the forum. We checked out a couple of bonuses.
Run&Hike
MGS Member

Post by Run&Hike »

MARCH 18 CAM 2020 Trip #2
We left home early for our second "CAM trip" and arrived in Chesapeake City just after 8:30am. Our goal for the day was the CAM cache there and the one in Rock Hall. We got those and 13 other caches and and finished our 310 mile journey around 4pm. With three CAM caches found and seven to go, we've decided that this will be our last CAM 2020 trip until the health crisis ends.
It took our tired brains a few minutes to relate the waypoints to the stages, but, once understood, we drove from stage to stage, getting several other caches between stages. With all the numbers collected, we really wished we'd had a checksum, but, confident in our answers, made our way to "GZ". Happily, we were right and we'd found our second and last CAM cache for the day, and could start our journey back to Pocomoke. Thanks for bringing us to this pretty town!
flamingo_girl
MGS Member

Post by flamingo_girl »

Found March 22, 2020

Took a drive with Snowsox to get the CAM caches around the Eastern Shore. We had a great time driving around Rock Hall to gather information. I lost track of which stops were for the CAM cache vs bonus information. I do know that I forgot to note the updated coordinates and we ended up in a pinch while getting to the final. Luckily, the GPS took us to a parking lot that had a cache, so we were able to get an extra cache for the day. Luckily, Benlorma was intentionally finding the cache we stumbled upon and reminded us of the misprint on the final coords. I enjoyed the stops and the scenery of this cache.
zorrobarnes
MGS Member

Post by zorrobarnes »

March 20, 2020
Due to a cancelled conference I was able to start my CAM adventure on the first day, however Jeanne had a previous commitment, so I did the two closest to home on my own. On March 16th we left home to spend the week at our house in DE. On the way we got the CAM cache at Lone Cedar Point. Today was our last day at Broadkill Writers' Resort and the plan was to cache our way home including picking up this cache.
We got here later than we expected and so didn't get as many caches as we had planned, but it was a gorgeous day and we enjoyed exploring the area.
We managed to go to all the stages and get the needed info without too much difficulty. TFTC.
mortards
MGS Member

Post by mortards »

Found March 29th, 6:55 PM CAM #7

After a scaled back opening CAM weekend for us, we took off last weekend to deal with Coronavirus stockpiling and to see how things were going to play out. By this Sunday we were climbing the walls and willing to take a day trip, stocked with supplies, so we wouldn't have to stop anywhere other than the CAM locations.

This would be our last CAM cache for the day. The weather person had promised partly sunny weather today with highs in the 60s but we spent most of the day in cloudy/misty/foggy 50s until the very end of the day when the sun finally peaked out of the clouds with about 45 minutes of sunlight left. As like the rest of the day, we encountered very few people and were able to visit all the stages without any muggle encounters. Enjoyed some nice views of the water and were able to find the final without issue. Nice job on the final container! Well camouflaged and in a very relevant location. Thanks for placing this great CAM cache. TFTC!
-mortards (Al & Michelle)

ksullivan
Former MGS Officer

Post by ksullivan »

3-21-20 Oh yeah, the write up had an issue! Once we got the right digits we were good to go! We enjoyed the tour of the town, all the bonuses, and maintaining our social distance when we ran into friends ( snurt, Liz, etc).
Woodsman51
MGS Member

Post by Woodsman51 »

Found 3/20/20
Well, I finished all the western caches and wanted to complete the eastern ones before the virus got too bad. Drove first thing this morning to the beach to snag that one and then had the rest of the day to do Rock Hall and all the bonuses. Thought it was going to be an all-walking tour of the town until I looked way down that road to the next waypoint. OK, I'll do a driving tour instead. Should have brought the bike! Thanks for a wonderful tour of the town, TFTC
snowsox1023
MGS Member

Post by snowsox1023 »

Found March 22, 2020

Took a drive with Flamingo_girl to get the Eastern Shore CAM caches. We had a great time driving around Rock Hall to gather information. We enjoyed our travels through this quaint town for all of the stages and the bonuses. But we had a little trouble locating the final at first. Luckily, the GPS took us to a parking lot that had a cache, so we were able to get an extra cache for the day. Benlorma was intentionally finding the cache we stumbled upon and reminded us of the misprint on the final coords. Thanks for the fun adventure.
MDFirecacher
MGS Member

Post by MDFirecacher »

Found 3/13/20 at 12:01 - and not a crab cake to be found for lunch. What a great tour of a historic town. Left Cedar Point with Nomaland about 3.5 hours earlier and took our time since the last cache on the schedule was Chesapeake City and we were not too far away. Found 4 of the 5 bonus caches. Dropped off a CAM2020 pathtag and a couple personal ones at this location. Thanks MGS for bringing us here. You are making my favorite tough.
MARYLANDCrab
MGS Member

Post by MARYLANDCrab »

Went to Rock Hall today with mdfroglover to get the
CAM, the bonus caches, and a few others. The town was surprisingly quiet, given that Kent Co had followed the first phase opening. Rock Hall was the only CAM we found today.
lpaulriddle
MGS Director

Post by lpaulriddle »

(05/24/2020)
We didn’t have much going on today, and (unlike yesterday) it wasn’t a great day to jump in the pool, so we made a last-minute decision to grab the CAM cache in Rock Hall. This was our first CAM find since March 30. It felt weird to be out doing CAM on Memorial Day Weekend, but a lot of stuff has felt weird this year. The kids had slept in, so we got a late start, hitting the road at 1:45 and arriving in Rock Hall at 3:15. We decided to walk to all of the stages, which ended up being roughly 3 miles of walking. It wasn’t a bad walk, but the ideal way to do this cache would be by bike. The whole area is bike-friendly, and all of the stages are easily accessible by bike, including the final. We found everything we needed with no trouble, and took the short walk to the final, which we found in good shape. Seems we weren’t the only ones picking CAM back up this weekend, as we were the 4th finders today. 7 down out of 12 now. If we had gotten an earlier start, we might have tried to knock Chesapeake City out as well, but no reason to rush things with the picnic date still kind of up in the air. All was well with the cache… I signed in, and we exchanged some postcards for a bouncy ball. This was a nice tour of town, and we even got some ice cream out of the deal. TFTC! Found at 4:57pm EDT.
czar7
MGS Member

Post by czar7 »

Found May 30, 2020.

This was stop three on my run for CAM Caches today. I have only been to Rock Hall once and never really got to see much. This tour was well done and full of good information. I took my time and explored a bit as followed the tour. I was actually a little surprised at how many people were out and about here. The resturants were packed...yes...packed. I finished up with the tour and put the information in the solution and headed out to the spot. Um...no. This is not right. No way to get there.

For the second time today, I had to go back to the MGS forums and found what I was missing. Ugh..I really need to read before I get going! I made the correction and quickly found the final. Nice location for the final. This was a well done CAM cache!

Thanks for giving me a broader view of Rock Hall...and TFTC!
coupleocachers
Former MGS Officer

Post by coupleocachers »

June 6, 2020

This was a fun cache. We ended up forgetting to save the coordinates but luckily we were a strong team and able to figure out by each of us remembering numbers. Once we saw a good set of coords we knew where the final was :).

Coupleocachers
We are now Mr. And Mrs. Coupleocachers and Proud parents of AmeliaGrace