Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

CAM 2018 LOGS - CAM 2018: Fort Frederick

Discussion of CAM, the CAM caches, etc. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!
Jdm438
MGS Member

Re: CAM 2018 LOGS - CAM 2018: Fort Frederick

Post by Jdm438 »

4/15/18

Our third cache of the day, our 7th of the day and our 7th CAM cache of 2018. As we arrived on this drizzly day, we weren't all that surprised to see not a lot of visitors at the fort... well no visitors. - few more came once we arrived but we were the only car in the parking lot when we arrived. Freezing our butts off we paid and grabbed a map hoping the inside of the fort was less windy. It was but when we rounded the corner we were completely shocked to see a guy dressed up standing in the middle ready to give us a history lesson. We were not prepared for that at all since the map said walking tour on it.

It was an interesting lesson and we did some exploring as we were counting and observing items around the fort. It was cool to see the aerial shot and how they made the fort so perfect even way back then. We almost screwed up the number on the well but got closer to read it and off we went for the final. The final was a short walk although we did notice the no swimming signs and we were winderik who in their right mind would want to swim in that gross gunk. Found the final right where it was supposed to be and ran back to the car to get warm. Thanks for bringing us here.
MDFirecacher
MGS Member

Post by MDFirecacher »

CAM Cache #1 3/24/18: After loading the Nuvi and performing some pre-trip work, MackenzieK and I headed for Fort Frederick - arriving shortly after 10. Met Buffalo Bob and a couple of folks from NOVAGO inside the fort. I was a few minutes behind them - they had the puzzle solved and final loaded. Got to the parking area for the final and followed the three-sets of tracks in the snow. Made it to GZ as they were signing a fresh log, settling for STF. Took HunterKat pathtag and left one of mine. Now back to base to plan for the rest of the caches - it's going to be tight to complete.
polkadotmomma
MGS Member

Post by polkadotmomma »

Our eighth CAM cache! We came west for our last three caches. This is also our first family vacation, ha! Met up with a few other cachers at gz. On to Rocky Gap!
Death Wish Dave
MGS Member

Post by Death Wish Dave »

4/28/18 I rode my bike here since they had the event this past weekend. I really enjoyed it. Neat fort. Turns out I was about 150' away from this cache last Spring when I was biking the C&O Canal with my scouts.
==============================================================================
The geocacher formerly know as CacheSKing.
Sue-Cat
MGS Member

Post by Sue-Cat »

Note: Found cache, coords good, but our checksum was 1 less than it should be. I suspect staff moved the N object recently.

5/2/2018: I enjoyed finding this cache along with Snurt. The day was sunny and warm, the park very quiet. We walked to the cache thru the campground to the end loop and joined the trail at that point. After finding the cache, we took the beaver trail back to parking enjoying the sunny water views with turtles and birds. Along the way, our presence prompted a pair of geese with 3(?) goslings to swim out from the shore away from us! :-)
Sue, Vinny & Sue Team