Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

CAM Completion

Discussion of CAM, the CAM caches, etc. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!
LynchTrekkers
MGS Member

CAM Completion

Post by LynchTrekkers »

Been watching the forum for a while now. Am I missing the link for CAM completion or is the “will attend” and sign up for volunteer list all that there is? Past years was an email if I remember correctly.

Thx in advance for any info.
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Re: CAM Completion

Post by littleblkdog »

LynchTrekkers
MGS Member

Post by LynchTrekkers »

Wow. Ask and you shall receive. Thank you.
Now, how about some winning lottery numbers so I can quit work and do THIS full time. LOL
Deep Concern
MGS Member

Post by Deep Concern »

LynchTrekkers wrote:Been watching the forum for a while now. Am I missing the link for CAM completion or is the “will attend” and sign up for volunteer list all that there is? Past years was an email if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
familygeek
MGS Member

Post by familygeek »

We just finished the CAM last Wed. It was a wild ride starting in our new state of New Hampshire. We ran into a few of you and shared a great time. We managed to get all 11 done in just 4 days. After returning to NH the odometer read 1,950 miles. We look forward to CAM next year. One question, without being able to return for the picnic is there any way to have the CAM Coin mailed like last year? Thank you,

Familygeek
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Post by littleblkdog »

Deep Concern wrote:
LynchTrekkers wrote:Been watching the forum for a while now. Am I missing the link for CAM completion or is the “will attend” and sign up for volunteer list all that there is? Past years was an email if I remember correctly.

Don,

The links are in the CAM 2018 information thread and also here:

The much awaited CAM completion form is here! Submit your completion now!

Don't forget to vote for your favorite CAM cache! Vote now!

If you haven't logged a will attend for the Picnic, do so here!

If you haven't signed up to bring food to this major feast, you can do it here!
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Post by littleblkdog »

familygeek wrote:We just finished the CAM last Wed. It was a wild ride starting in our new state of New Hampshire. We ran into a few of you and shared a great time. We managed to get all 11 done in just 4 days. After returning to NH the odometer read 1,950 miles. We look forward to CAM next year. One question, without being able to return for the picnic is there any way to have the CAM Coin mailed like last year? Thank you,

Familygeek

From the CAM 2018 Information Thread:

Is there any sort of reward for finishing?
Each person with a geocaching.com handle will receive a certificate for completing CAM. In addition, those geocachers who are able to attend the CAM picnic will receive a CAM geocoin trackable at geocaching.com.

Can I have someone else pick up my coin?
Sorry, you must be present to receive your coin.

Can I have someone buy a coin for me at the picnic?
Yes, once all coins have been handed out at the picnic, the remaining coins will be sold by the MGS officers. You can have someone buy a coin for you.

If you have completed CAM and submitted your completion online but can't make it to the Picnic, then you can buy a coin at cost. Here are the directions:

Standard Edition completion coins are $10
Limited Edition coins are $15

Shipping costs

1 Coin $3.50
2 Coins $3.75
3 Coins $4.25
4 Coins $4.50

Please added the shipping cost to the total payment you send via PayPal.

On PayPal, click "Send & Request" in the menu bar at the top after you login.

Click on "Send to friends and family in the US". This is important, if you don't do it this way there will be a fee and you will have to pay again to pay the fee.

Put "sales@mdgps.org" in the To box.

Add a note with your name, geocaching name, mailing address and your what you ordered (e.g. 1 2018 SE CAM coin)
so that we can correctly credit your order as paid.