Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

August 2018 Member Spotlight: jercade

Highlighting Maryland's finest cachers!
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer

August 2018 Member Spotlight: jercade

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

Interview Date : 06/17/18

Caching Name : Jercade

1. How did you become involved in geocaching. When did you start? I saw an ad in our local newspaper for a geocaching contest and decided to try it after that we signed up at geocaching.com since we enjoyed it so much. We started in 2012.

2. How did you choose your caching name? My geocaching name is my boys name combined Jeremiah our oldest and Caden our youngest.

3. How many caches have you found so far? 1281

4. What brand/type of GPS do you use? Garmin 450

5. What programs/software or hardware (PDA/laptop/phone) do you use to make caching easier? We use both our garmin and our phones now and then.

6. What type of cache do you prefer seeking – traditional, multi, puzzle, virtual? I enjoy the traditional caches.

7. Which caches were the most challenging – physically/mentally? Mentally Why? I have a hard time doing puzzle caches I don’t understand them or over think them.

8. Do you have a favorite or favorites among the Maryland caches that you’ve found? I enjoyed Revenge of the Sith.
(Feel free to list a favorite for each type of cache) Do you have a favorite in a nearby state? Lost Treasure Chest

9. What’s the most unusual thing that you’ve ever found in a cache? Haven’t found anything unusual in a cache yet.

10. What are your current caching goals? We are working on going to geocaching head quaters and take a cacing trip through the United States on the way to Washington State. Is there a certain cache that you can’t wait to do? Your Key To Cache

11. How many caches have you placed? 35 Do you have a current hiding goal? No

12. What advice would you give someone that wants to place a cache? Have at least 100 finds before placing the cache that gives you some experience on how to hide a cache. What steps do YOU take when placing a cache? I make sure there are no other caches around, its not on private property, and its clearly explained on the caching page.

13. How often do you go caching? We try to go every weekend or when we get a chance.

14. What advice would you give a beginning geocacher? Ask for help if you don’t understand caching or go with an experienced cachers who can show you the ropes.

15. Have you completed CAM in the past? Yes What was your favorite aspect? Spending time with family and meeting other cachers along the way.

16. Do you collect geocoins? Yes Of the ones that you’ve collected, which is your favorite? Signal

17. What type of gear do you carry with you on your caching trips? Backpack What’s in your geopack? Water, pens, paper, and swag

18. What is your most memorable caching experience? Hiking in different places to get a caches along the way.

19. What is your best caching story? When going caching with friends and my family in different areas. I don’t really have one yet.

20. What do you like about geocaching? Meeting new cachers What keeps you going? The experience of finding new places that I have never been too.

21. Besides geocaching, what other things do you like to do? I like to read and spend time with my family.

22. What question did you expect us to ask but didn’t. What is the answer? None

Bonus Questions:
Al Woltz (AKA: FatBaldOldMan or FBOM)
coupleocachers
Former MGS Officer

Re: August 2018 Member Spotlight: jercade

Post by coupleocachers »

Great write up. Can't wait to meet you out on the trail.
We are now Mr. And Mrs. Coupleocachers and Proud parents of AmeliaGrace