Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Gimme Back My Bullets – GC1PH5K

Bocco
MGS Member

Gimme Back My Bullets – GC1PH5K

Post by Bocco »

Gimme Back My Bullets – GC1PH5K, by M&J Thomas, is a multi hidden off of the new Indian Head Rail Trail. The cache is located in a beautiful area which requires a bit of a hike to reach, and both stages of the multi are unique and very well executed. The cache can be reached either by walking or biking. The recommended parking is at a little gravel lot that is next to the trail and is just over a mile away from the cache. The trail is flat and paved.
As you approach the cache you walk (or bike) alongside Mattawoman Creek which is a freshwater tidal marsh. The views are stunning, be sure to take your camera. We startled several deer on our approach and while we were signing the log we watched a bald eagle fish for his dinner. Both stages of the multi are original, creative, and exceptionally devious. When we arrived at gz our gpsr’s took us to the right place, but we weren’t convinced, and Mr. B began searching a different place. I went with my geo-sense and finally made the find, and was quite proud that I did. Mr. Bocco was very curious about the engineering and spent a good while examining the stage (and playing with it, too). Stage two was simply ingenious.
Gimme Back My Bullets is at the top of the list of caches we would recommend to a friend because it is in such a pretty location and is so much fun.
Here's a link to the cache page: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... b0f74942f9
SeeKPeeKRs
MGS Member

Re: Gimme Back My Bullets – GC1PH5K

Post by SeeKPeeKRs »

This is an awesome cache! Extremely unique! Well worth the trip, just like Bocco said. If you haven't done this cache, then get out there and do it. :-D
Just do it!