Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Ideas/Suggestions

What's New And Exciting in the MGS
_JohnnyCache
Former MGS Officer

Ideas/Suggestions

Post by _JohnnyCache »

One of the things I mentioned in my 2013 platform was to setup a site to make it easier for members to propose suggestions/ideas and have other members agree or disagree so it can be shown which ideas are most popular and possible candidates for implementation. So here is the site I promised http://mdgps.ideascale.com/ it does require a one time registration but then you're ready to roll. We'll be awaiting your suggestions and ideas.
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

-- Albert Einstein
VinceHayter
MGS Member

Re: Ideas/Suggestions

Post by VinceHayter »

Is this for the discussion of ongoing MGS functions as well (i.e. CAM) or completely new ideas?

As useless as they may be, I have tons of ideas for CAM likely not worth hearing. :roll:

Have I mentioned I hate march?
-remember when QotM used to be a thing? :roll:
_JohnnyCache
Former MGS Officer

Post by _JohnnyCache »

VinceHayter wrote:Is this for the discussion of ongoing MGS functions as well (i.e. CAM) or completely new ideas?

As useless as they may be, I have tons of ideas for CAM likely not worth hearing. :roll:

Have I mentioned I hate march?
It's for ideas and brainstorming in general, feel free to propose whatever is on your mind, ok maybe anything related to caching or the MGS :o
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

-- Albert Einstein
cooley1103
Former MGS Officer

Post by cooley1103 »

Just to start things off, I submitted a basic suggestion.

I did notice you submit anonymously
jpatton
MGS Member

Post by jpatton »

cooley1103 wrote:I did notice you submit anonymously
I see your name at the bottom of the post. Maybe you can't see it since you are the one who posted it.
Jeff
cooley1103
Former MGS Officer

Post by cooley1103 »

I did not select anonymous, but noticed it when signing up.

I thought that maybe some people would be more willing to make suggestions if there was little to no chance of ridicule.
cooley1103
Former MGS Officer

Post by cooley1103 »

I should have said,

I did notice you CAN submit anonymously.

Sorry was between basketball games and trying to type it out on my phone
_JohnnyCache
Former MGS Officer

Post by _JohnnyCache »

Please take the time to visit http://mdgps.ideascale.com even if you don't currently have an idea to share, review the ones that were submitted and post your agreement or disagreement to help determine which ideas are most important to the membership.

-- Albert Einstein
joejackson
MGS Member

Post by joejackson »

Can we can get a link to the Ideas site from the MGS home page? Under the MGS links seems like a reasonable place.
_JohnnyCache
Former MGS Officer

Post by _JohnnyCache »

joejackson wrote:Can we can get a link to the Ideas site from the MGS home page? Under the MGS links seems like a reasonable place.
Will do

-- Albert Einstein
_JohnnyCache
Former MGS Officer

Post by _JohnnyCache »

joejackson wrote:Can we can get a link to the Ideas site from the MGS home page? Under the MGS links seems like a reasonable place.
Done

-- Albert Einstein
joejackson
MGS Member

Post by joejackson »

Perfect! Now if I can just get an idea...
zekester
MGS Member

Post by zekester »

While we think that crowd-sourcing for ideas for improving the organization is a great idea, have to say it is frustrating that the implementation of it requires yet another log in to yet another website.
TheWeatherWarrior
MGS Member

Post by TheWeatherWarrior »

Can I suggest doing something here so I don't need ANOTHER password for yet another site I'll use once and never again, and then get a ton of spam from later.

I like the idea of submitting ideas though.
_JohnnyCache
Former MGS Officer

Post by _JohnnyCache »

The site is not owned operated or maintained by the MGS but was a turnkey solution being piloted for free. If the site seems to become valuable we can think about upgrading our package to a paid version that supports single sign-on but at this time it's not something we can offer. The site does however support using your credentials for sites like Facebook, Goggle, etc.
login.jpg

-- Albert Einstein
TheWeatherWarrior
MGS Member

Post by TheWeatherWarrior »

_JohnnyCache wrote:The site is not owned operated or maintained by the MGS but was a turnkey solution being piloted for free. If the site seems to become valuable we can think about upgrading our package to a paid version that supports single sign-on but at this time it's not something we can offer. The site does however support using your credentials for sites like Facebook, Goggle, etc.
login.jpg
I know it was something you were just trying, but I don't trust all these sites with the social media sign on because they tend to become avenues for spam or hacked accounts. If you sign on via your email address, many of these third party sites sell that email address as fast as you sign on and one gets spam there too. I know you mean well, and others may not make as big of a deal as me. I just had to say as much because I kinda like things simple and threads here seem easy enough.
_JohnnyCache
Former MGS Officer

Post by _JohnnyCache »

We will be reviewing the current ideas submitted this week in our monthly core meeting so expect some feedback to appear soon.

-- Albert Einstein
_JohnnyCache
Former MGS Officer

Post by _JohnnyCache »

Just bumping this topic.

-- Albert Einstein