Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

MGS Summer Picnic

Discuss upcoming events around the state.
AL's Guide
Former MGS Officer

MGS Summer Picnic

Post by AL's Guide »

It has been over 24 hours since I was informed that the Summer Picnic was published and there is no info posted on our main page. GC8XPFD is the event page. There will be some changes to our usual picnic to comply with the latest social distancing requirements mandated by our Governor. There will be no community grilling at this event. The auction will be changed from a silent auction where everybody touches all the items and pens and papers to a live auction. Masks will be required if you are within 6 feet of another person. Please come out and support the MGS and have fun.
tazscouter
MGS Officer

Re: MGS Summer Picnic

Post by tazscouter »

The reason for the delay was that I was having problems signing into word press to post the information. Thank you for noticing.
AL's Guide
Former MGS Officer

Post by AL's Guide »

Cindy, sometimes things happen beyond our control. I did recieve notice from our reviewer that the event was published and put it out there so it could be seen.
AL's Guide
Former MGS Officer

Post by AL's Guide »

It seems as though I have overstepped my boundaries by posting something the president could have but did not. So as a result of the "Thank you for noticing" response which is typical from this President, I am formally resigning my office as Public Relations Officer of the MGS effective now.
CodyHollowFarm
MGS Officer

Post by CodyHollowFarm »

Indeed sometimes things happen. We all work varying shifts, and jobs and responsibilities. I often can't respond in depth until I'm home and on my desktop. Cindy said she had issues getting the info. I understand the frustration and just wanted to say we all interpret things differently. I took no notice of how she worded it, yet you read it differently and took it as such.
Thank you for all you've done for the MGS and for volunteering your time! Without you and other volunteers, the MGS would not be the great organization we are.
Stacy
Always caching, always searching....
kolojezdec
MGS Member

Post by kolojezdec »

Just a friendly FYI: The date of the summer picnic on the MGS homepage is incorrect (states Saturday, August 19, 2020).

Happy caching to all.