The MGS Summer Picnic was held yesterday at CBEC. Had a small turnout but they enjoyed the newly published caches. Since CBEC allowed us to use the pavilion for free, they asked us to inform our members about their membership. The information below is from their website. You can access that here
Become a Member today!
Support Environmental Education and Restoration Projects at CBEC
Help CBEC achieve its mission of "promoting stewardship and sustainability through environmental education and habitat restoration." As a private, 501(c)3, non-profit, CBEC relies heavily on money raised through memberships. On behalf of over 10,000 students who join us for "hands-on, feet-wet" educational experiences and the many visitors who enjoy our center every year, we thank you for considering membership at CBEC.Membership Benefits
• Unlimited exploration of the center's property for 1 year
• Free use of outdoor equipment like seining nets, binoculars, field guides and GPS units
• Free use of kayaks, life jackets and paddles
• Discounts at programs and gift shop
• Subscription to the CBEC e-newsletter
• Option to rent the Arts & Education Building or Pavilion for events, weddings, parties
• Option to purchase a "Dog Membership" to bring your furry friend to CBEC on weekendsCome Discover Our 510-Acre Peninsula in the Upper Chesapeake Bay
Enjoy 4 miles of hiking trails, bay views and water access, kayaking, birding, geocaching, photography, picnicking and our captive non-releasable Birds or Prey exhibit.
Individual - $35
Military Family - $35
Family - $55