Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Geocaching 101 & Fighting Falcons Geotrail Kickoff

Discuss upcoming events around the state.
troopbiz
MGS Member

Geocaching 101 & Fighting Falcons Geotrail Kickoff

Post by troopbiz »

Greetings Maryland Geocachers!

My name is Mark, but most geocachers know me as Troopbiz. I'm an active cacher in the Fairmont WV area, but I frequent Maryland often when looking for new adventures. I would like to invite you all to WV for the very first Geocaching 101 seminar held at Fairmont State University.

We are very excited to bring you an interactive geotrail, like no other. Many permanent geocaches will be placed around the campus for attendees to find. These caches are designed to showcase all that Fairmont State has to offer while still challenging geocachers with unique caches. The hides will range from traditionals, to gadget caches, to wherigos, and beyond!

In addition to the newly placed caches, everyone that attends this event will be the first to experience Fairmont State's very own "Virtual Reward." This Virtual Cache is part of a limited release of Virtuals created between August 24, 2017 and August 24, 2018. Only 4,000 cache owners were given the opportunity to hide a Virtual Cache. By attending this event, you will get to claim co-FTF on this very rare, and coveted, cache type.

If you are interested in attending, log a will attend so we can get an approximate head count for the event. In addition, you will also receive updates and announcements. I hope to see you there!

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC7 ... il-kickoff