Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

April 2019: MoCo Clue - Final

Special caches in Maryland!
mjb007
MGS Member

April 2019: MoCo Clue - Final

Post by mjb007 »

MoCo Clue - Final

GC Code: https://coord.info/GC816TP

Where it's located: Around Montgomery county

Favorite Points: 6 (plus 54 on the 10 lead in caches)

Description:
Cache is not at posted coordinates.

Who killed Mr. Boddy? What weapon was used in the murder? Where in his mansion did it take place? When did occur?

To find out, you must find the other MoCo Clue caches to obtain the coordinates for this cache. The other caches also contain clues you must gather to eliminate suspects (Miss Scarlet, Col Mustard, Mr Green, Mrs Peacock, Professor Plum, or Mrs White) and weapons (candlestick, knife, lead pipe, revolver, rope, wrench). You will also get the information to reveal the room, and the time of the murder. You must know the Who/What/Where/When to successfully open the cache container.
The Ball Room
The Billiard Room
The Conservatory
The Dining Room
The Hall
The Kitchen
The Library
The Lounge
The Study
The Secret Passage

Selected Finder logs:
mjb007: Wow, what a great set of caches and what a final to end it all. Obviously a lot of work went into putting all this together. Many years ago another cacher and I put together a large set of themed caches and I know just how much time it takes to find the locations, get the containers together, do the placement and then the maintenance. There are a lot of ho-hum caches out there. These though truly make caching fun. As you know I've got a couple more containers. I'd be happy to donate them to the cause if they lead to more like this. TFTC mjb007

ragtop86: With mjb007 we made our way to this final of the series. Probably took a harder than necessary way to get to GZ but we got there and quickly spied the container. Got the gadget out and started to enter the data we knew. We had to do a bit of guessing but we soon we had the combo in hand and the log was ours. We were not sure whether we would get the combo today based on other logs but it worked for us and we were thrilled. This was a great series - we enjoyed every cache along the way. There was alot of work and thought that went into this series - thanks. We enjoy all the hiking over the 2 days we took to do this series - we went over 16 miles. TFTC

Serrabou: Wow, what a fantastic finish! Really blew our minds here. It’s really a great reward for working through the stages and getting the solve. What a feeling of triumph we had! Thanks so much.
Knew this series was right up my alley when the first one published. And I knew that bringing along someone who is either good at Clue or can take good notes (or both!) would make this a chance for some epic teamwork. Navigation. Trekking. Finding. And a little booklet of paper. This was a job for me and ZippyFinn!
After 11 miles on our feet it was time for the final solve and our brains, luckily, weren’t complete mush. We logicked our way down the path to success eventually. Ok maybe a little bit of brain-mushage.
This is my favorite type of series, with hikes and locations and themed (everything!) and a memorable, to say the least, bonus finale. You’ve set a new bar here and I wish the series a long happy life—what a masterpiece!

bloodycool: FTF - with Georick402.
Wow, what an epic cache to end the best cache series I have done in Maryland. If I could give it more than one favorite point I would. The creativity of each Room cache in this series was great with thematic paint jobs and contents, customized books, 3D printed stages of multicaches, and of course, all the clues that had to be gathered and deciphered to log this final cache. Georick and I had collaborated over text and email as we gathered more and more clues to solve the murder mystery. Even his wife got in on the action by helping us make the final leap and nailing down the last detail that was needed.
Thankfully both Georick and I had read the description of this cache and knew that we needed to bring 3 AA batteries with us. I had even tested my three batteries before I left the house to make sure we wouldn't be stuck at the final unable to log. The final interactive accusing mechanism is truly impressive and it is clear that a lot of work went into it.
I gently inserted the batteries and Georick and I input our accusational (that's apparently not a word) details into the gadget and received the lock code. The FTF mini coin went to Georick as the true FTF of this cache/series. We reset the gadget, removed the batteries and gently slid it back into its home container.
What do you do when you solve the MoCo Clue Murder? keep on caching!
Thanks for such a fun series of caches. I was eagerly waiting for each one to publish so we could solve the mystery.
mjb007
MGS Member

Re: April 2019: MoCo Clue - Final

Post by mjb007 »

There hasn't been a cache of the month posted in a while, so I took the liberty of adding this one. It is a truly outstanding set of caches and I'd recommend it to anyone!
WJ family
MGS Member

Post by WJ family »

Thank you! We had a lot of fun creating this series and have really enjoyed reading everyone's logs as they work on them. :)
joejackson
MGS Member

Post by joejackson »

Added this to my Bucket List! Enjoyed a similar series in Howard and Baltimore Counties a few years ago. This one looks like maybe even more fun. Especially the final.