Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

A Geocache With a Cause - Fighting ALS

What's New And Exciting in Geocaching
DudleyGrunt
MGS Member

A Geocache With a Cause - Fighting ALS

Post by DudleyGrunt »

Want to log a cache & help a good cause at the same time? Why wouldn't you?

My dad was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) in the fall. ALS is a a disease with no cure or real treatment. My family is forming a team to participate in the Washington, DC Walk to Defeat ALS on November 1.

In conjunction with this, Cash108 at TerraCaching.com has created an "Instant Challenge" in support of a Locationless Cache I created this month, 2014 Walk to Defeat ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) (LC7RF). Even if you're not currently a TerraCaching member, you can create an account, log this cache, and trigger a $100 donation to our team from the TerraCaching team. In order to log the cache, you can either make a donation to a walk team or participate in an ALS walk, yourself.

"...your donation of any amount (even a single 1 dollar) will see TerraCaching honor your effort by [donating] 100 dollars for the ALS cause..."

If you are a current TC member, you can read Cash108's forum post about DudleyGrunt's Instant Challenge for more information.

Dave / DudleyGrunt
Happy Trails! :smt006

Image Image Image

We never seek things for themselves—what we seek is the very seeking of things. - Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
robert
MGS Site Admin

Re: A Geocache With a Cause - Fighting ALS

Post by robert »

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Dave. I am aware of what ALS does and it's definitely a bad disease. You've probably heard of Steve Gleason, but if not be sure to look him up (Team Gleason and/or No White Flags). Definitely someone who was not going to let ALS define him or change who he is.
-robert
MGS Site Admin, MGS Director, former Officer
Need to change or edit your username? Send me a PM!
Link to the MGS | Visit us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | robert@mdgps.org
DudleyGrunt
MGS Member

Re: A Geocache With a Cause - Fighting ALS

Post by DudleyGrunt »

Thanks
Happy Trails! :smt006

Image Image Image

We never seek things for themselves—what we seek is the very seeking of things. - Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)