Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Smithsonian trail

General Chit-Chat.
4lostmarbles!
MGS Member

Smithsonian trail

Post by 4lostmarbles! »

Hello,
My husband and I are planning to go to DC on Sunday November 4th to start the Smithsonian trail before it is archived. Anyone free and would like to meet us there to solve the clues and find the caches?
MersonMonkeys
MGS Member

Re: Smithsonian trail

Post by MersonMonkeys »

We already completed it but best of luck finishing it in one day. It is a time consuming trail! Well worth it!!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
fuzzydave
MGS Officer

Post by fuzzydave »

4lostmarbles! wrote:Hello,
My husband and I are planning to go to DC on Sunday November 4th to start the Smithsonian trail before it is archived. Anyone free and would like to meet us there to solve the clues and find the caches?
Be warned, not all of the caches are in dc. I hope you have a car and maybe a 2nd day.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
4lostmarbles!
MGS Member

Post by 4lostmarbles! »

Yes, thank you. We are aware it will take us more than one day, as well as they are not all in the DC area. Hoping to accomplish at least half of it then finish it up the following weekend.
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

Can you tell me when the trail is scheduled to be archived?

Al Woltz (AKA: FatBaldOldMan or FBOM)
MersonMonkeys
MGS Member

Post by MersonMonkeys »

FatBaldOldMan wrote:
Can you tell me when the trail is scheduled to be archived?

The date has not been determined from last I heard but sometime in the first quarter of 2018 (I am assuming calendar year but they are Government, lol).  4/20/2017 there remain 125 coins but I know for a fact (as you can imagine) there are less available now. However, last I contacted them (around summer time) they said there was still plenty.