Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

GeoWoodstock XVI - Cincinnati Bound

General Chit-Chat.
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer

GeoWoodstock XVI - Cincinnati Bound

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

As the new PR guy for the MSG, I'd like to encourage attendance at this year's GeoWoodstock. Who's going to Cincinnati this year for the first USA GIGA Event? I think it would be great if we could get together as a Maryland Collective at some point during the event. Originally I thought it would be great to arrange a "Party Bus" to take us to the event, and then I realized that many folks will be going early and/or leaving late. My wife (Wizard's Mom) and I will now be flying to Cincinnati on Wednesday the 23rd and returning on Sunday, May 27th. I'd like to collect information about who's going, when they're traveling, and if they're staying overnight, where they're staying. Maybe we can get together at a central location for a "Micro Event" prior to the GeoWoodstock.
Al Woltz (AKA: FatBaldOldMan or FBOM)
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Re: GeoWoodstock XVI - Cincinnati Bound

Post by littleblkdog »

I’ll be there but my travel schedule hasn’t firmed up yet. Traditionally we get together as a group for a picture at the sign on the day of the event.
WJ family
MGS Member

Post by WJ family »

I'll be there...likely on crutches, so not sure of exact plans, though we have a reservation in KY
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

WJ family wrote:I'll be there...likely on crutches, so not sure of exact plans, though we have a reservation in KY
We have reservations in Kentucky as well at the Comfort Suites Riverside in Newport. So sorry to hear about you having to travel with "crutches". I hope that won't preclude you from caching around a bit. FWIW - My wife is a wheelchair user. This will be our first time flying since she become a full-time wheelchair user.
jercade
Former MGS Officer

Post by jercade »

We will be there most likely driving in on Tuesday. We are still working on where we are staying. We can meet up on Sat just keep us posted.
Georick402
MGS Member

Post by Georick402 »

I'll be there. We'll be on vacation following woodstock, so the only definite plan so far is to show up and sign the logbook.
PatientRock
Former MGS Officer

Post by PatientRock »

I'll be there!
whatsoverthere
MGS Member

Post by whatsoverthere »

FatBaldOldMan wrote:As the new PR guy for the MSG, I'd like to encourage attendance at this year's GeoWoodstock. Who's going to Cincinnati this year for the first USA GIGA Event? I think it would be great if we could get together as a Maryland Collective at some point during the event. Originally I thought it would be great to arrange a "Party Bus" to take us to the event, and then I realized that many folks will be going early and/or leaving late. My wife (Wizard's Mom) and I will now be flying to Cincinnati on Wednesday the 23rd and returning on Sunday, May 27th. I'd like to collect information about who's going, when they're traveling, and if they're staying overnight, where they're staying. Maybe we can get together at a central location for a "Micro Event" prior to the GeoWoodstock.
Were going!! Would love to meet other Maryland folks there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

whatsoverthere wrote:Were going!! Would love to meet other Maryland folks there!

GREAT! When are you going? Are you flying or driving? Will you be staying more than just the day? Have you been to a Geowoodstock before? I haven't, so I'm learning as we move forward.

I suspect that we'll be having an MGS picture opportunity at some point on the 26th. We'll announce that time and place later.
anitajforever
MGS Member

Post by anitajforever »

We (candybear118 , Brydd364 and myself anitajforever ) are going,already have a hotel reserv in Cincinnati not sure on when we are going or coming back still firmming things up
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

Now we're cooking! Can't wait for the GIGA!!
whatsoverthere
MGS Member

Post by whatsoverthere »

FatBaldOldMan wrote:
whatsoverthere wrote:Were going!! Would love to meet other Maryland folks there!

GREAT! When are you going? Are you flying or driving? Will you be staying more than just the day? Have you been to a Geowoodstock before? I haven't, so I'm learning as we move forward.

I suspect that we'll be having an MGS picture opportunity at some point on the 26th. We'll announce that time and place later.
Planning on being there at least 2 days before.:-) Haven’t decided about driving or flying yet. Leaning toward flying there and driving back. :-)

KennedyCachers
MGS Member

Post by KennedyCachers »

We are driving and staying in Cincinnati. Planning on getting there late Tuesday and leaving Monday. This will be our fourth Geowoodstock. Our event pathtags has been approved and we are counting down the days. We would love to attend any MD event that is planned.
coupleocachers
Former MGS Officer

Post by coupleocachers »

We're planning to drive out. Not sure about timing yet, still trying to figure out if dbzdude wants and can come with us (he graduates HS the following week so we're not sure if we have to work around any of that important pre-graduation stuff or not).
We are now Mr. And Mrs. Coupleocachers and Proud parents of AmeliaGrace
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

KennedyCachers wrote:We are driving and staying in Cincinnati. Planning on getting there late Tuesday and leaving Monday. This will be our fourth Geowoodstock. Our event pathtags has been approved and we are counting down the days. We would love to attend any MD event that is planned.
Sounds like we have a party beginning to form! I've never been to a GeoWoodstock, though I almost attended the original Woodstock (yes, I'm that old).
I'm trying to set up a good time to have a picture (or two) taken at the entrance sign. I'll analyze the schedule to select an appropriate time, and I'll post the time here a little later.
My PathTag is also in production. Here's what it looks like.
Attachments
Version 4 of the Tag.
Version 4 of the Tag.
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

coupleocachers wrote:We're planning to drive out. Not sure about timing yet, still trying to figure out if dbzdude wants and can come with us (he graduates HS the following week so we're not sure if we have to work around any of that important pre-graduation stuff or not).
Is AmeliaGrace going to attend?
coupleocachers
Former MGS Officer

Post by coupleocachers »

FatBaldOldMan wrote:
coupleocachers wrote:We're planning to drive out. Not sure about timing yet, still trying to figure out if dbzdude wants and can come with us (he graduates HS the following week so we're not sure if we have to work around any of that important pre-graduation stuff or not).
Is AmeliaGrace going to attend?
I think we'd get in trouble if we left her at home, lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
We are now Mr. And Mrs. Coupleocachers and Proud parents of AmeliaGrace
mm52
MGS Member

Post by mm52 »

Ddubz1 & I are flying in on Thursday & leaving Monday morning.
mcgmarauders
MGS Member

Post by mcgmarauders »

My wife and I will be driving over on Thursday and leaving on Sunday to go to Dublin/Columbus (where we lived over 20 years ago and this will be the first time back there!).
CodyHollowFarm
MGS Officer

Post by CodyHollowFarm »

FatBaldOldMan wrote:As the new PR guy for the MSG, I'd like to encourage attendance at this year's GeoWoodstock. Who's going to Cincinnati this year for the first USA GIGA Event? I think it would be great if we could get together as a Maryland Collective at some point during the event. Originally I thought it would be great to arrange a "Party Bus" to take us to the event, and then I realized that many folks will be going early and/or leaving late. My wife (Wizard's Mom) and I will now be flying to Cincinnati on Wednesday the 23rd and returning on Sunday, May 27th. I'd like to collect information about who's going, when they're traveling, and if they're staying overnight, where they're staying. Maybe we can get together at a central location for a "Micro Event" prior to the GeoWoodstock.
Im going early and staying with family over in Kentucky.. I'll be working add helping out with registration and the Middle Tennessee Geocachers club I belong to. But if anyone sees me, feel free to visit! Let me know what'd you like to see happen in the MGS!

Stacy Hindt
Cody Hollow Farm
MGS VP '18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Stacy
Always caching, always searching....