Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

CAM 2019 Logo Contest

Discussion of CAM, the CAM caches, etc. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

CAM 2019 Logo Contest

Post by littleblkdog »

CAM 2019 LOGO CONTEST

It's time for the CAM 2019 Logo contest! We're continuing last year's effort to start extra early in order to get the 2019 coin designed and in production as soon as possible. Please understand that not all designs translate well for use on a geocoin, so the winning design may not be used exactly as submitted, but will serve as a starting point for our professional designer to build upon. Once the coin design is completed, it will be adapted for use on merchandise available for purchase on our Red Hat Promos storefront.

Please post your designs as replies to this thread by June 1st, 2018. A poll will then be created for members to vote on their favorite CAM Logo design.

A few suggestions and reminders:
  • If you need a little inspiration, some of the CAM Logos from previous years can be viewed here
  • Excessive details are difficult to incorporate into designs suitable for coins and merchandise.
  • You may use the Maryland flag, but remember: Black high in the sky!
  • Refrain from using corporate logos or trademarked images
  • Trademarked geocaching symbols (e.g. Wherigo and EarthCache icons) can be used providing we are granted permission from Groundspeak
  • Only one design will be chosen and it will be chosen by a vote of the membership
  • The chosen design will be the basis and inspiration for the Coin, Pathag and merchandise for CAM 2019
Diamondback7
MGS Member

Re: CAM 2019 Logo Contest

Post by Diamondback7 »

Saw the announcement and here is a non-artist's ideas roughly put to paper:

Since, I thought the Oriole and Blue Crab were/are cool representations of Maryland -- I present the Terrapin

Side 1: a raised/3D Terrapin shell can either be an antique bronze or copper or colored by the artist a la the Oriole CAM coin -- It's barely visible, but my intent was to have C-A-M as part of the shell decor

Side 2: MGS logo centered // Hooper island lighthouse on right side // bed of Black-eyed susans at the bottom // Western Maryland train scene on the left side //Artsy 2019 top center
Attachments
shell 2-min.jpg
shell 1-min.jpg
larspolo
MGS Member

Post by larspolo »

I vote YES to the Terrapin and the design on the back! The coin should also be oval.
Awesnap
MGS Member

Awesnap - CAM Crab

Post by Awesnap »

MD Crab
MD Crab
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Post by littleblkdog »

fist bump
Ejwall
MGS Member

Post by Ejwall »

That’s awesome! I would love to get one of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drumbum14
MGS Member

Post by drumbum14 »

Here is my submission for the contest.
Attachments
CAM 2019 Design Drumbum14.png
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Post by littleblkdog »

Submissions are closed. We will work up the designs and post a poll in the next few weeks.
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Post by littleblkdog »

Uploading the final concept submission by Diamondback7
Attachments
Diamondback7 CAM idea.png