Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Antietam Lab Cache

General Chit-Chat.
TeAm G
MGS Member

Antietam Lab Cache

Post by TeAm G »

Can anyone provide me the link to the Antietam Lab cache. I had it but lost it and can not find it again and would like to do that during one of my visists to the Battlefield.

Thanks,

TeAm G Winchester
Alzarius
MGS Director

Re: Antietam Lab Cache

Post by Alzarius »

Antietam Adventure
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

The guide suggests that the adventure should take about 90 minutes to traverse the 8.5 mile auto tour. I wonder how long this would take on bicycle considering the order in which the stages must be collected. Any takers out there (in the springtime, of course)???
Al Woltz (AKA: FatBaldOldMan or FBOM)
lpaulriddle
MGS Director

Post by lpaulriddle »

I've been wanting to get back up there to do that lab cache ever since the 2016 CAM picnic. If it doesn't happen over the winter, I might be up for doing it in the spring. Biking sounds like a great idea.

I've heard that the cache can be a drain on your phone battery, so if biking, it might make sense to bring a power bank along to keep the phone charged up.

Paul
TeAm G
MGS Member

Post by TeAm G »

Thanks. I love the park and have been visiting for years. And it still moves me. I have done the Wherigo that is there. Now I can do this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hixon
MGS Member

Post by Hixon »

I love cycling through Antietam. I'd say the lab adventure is easily doable in an afternoon on bike. Bringing a brick (external battery charger) is recommended.

Happy to join in for "just in case" support, if schedules align.
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

lpaulriddle wrote:I've heard that the cache can be a drain on your phone battery, so if biking, it might make sense to bring a power bank along to keep the phone charged up.

Paul
I never leave home without it. :lol: :shame:
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

I will attempt to set up a cycling event of this lab cache in the spring when it becomes a little warmer. I'll post a separate entry on this board inviting geocachers to attend. Maybe we can get two for one. We'll have an early morning event, followed by the lab cache. WooHoo.
markbarb
MGS Member

Post by markbarb »

We started the Antietam Lab Cache adventure on Mother's Day and basically had the place to ourselves. We did well up till we had to solve the headstone puzzle. Whatever way we tried to solve it didn't work, so we headed home where Barb figured it out and also researched the wig wag in stage 9. We had to wait 2 weeks till the rains stopped and we could return to the battlefield. It didn't take long to get back into the puzzle solving groove before we finished the 10 stages. These were a very interesting type of puzzle and we really enjoyed trying to figure them out. We learned a lot and always enjoy coming to Antietam. Thanks to everyone who helped to make these caches possible
zumbido
MGS Member

Post by zumbido »

I'm considering making this my Cache-Lumbus Day adventure on Monday, October 8th. Anybody interested in joining me?
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

zumbido wrote:I'm considering making this my Cache-Lumbus Day adventure on Monday, October 8th. Anybody interested in joining me?
Count me in again, Matt (at least as far as I can pedal).
deepdish23
MGS Director

Post by deepdish23 »

Don't want to change your plans, but Sunday October 14th, the Newcomer House is having a special tour of the Antietam Lab Caches. I think the event is scheduled around 1pm and they are working in conjunction with the Maryland Geocaching Society as a place to stop coming home from the MGS fall picnic which will be that Saturday. I will be there helping cachers get through the Lab Caches.