Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Geocache Host Has Been Damaged -- Probably By Vandals

General Chit-Chat.
LuxGirl1969
MGS Member

Geocache Host Has Been Damaged -- Probably By Vandals

Post by LuxGirl1969 »

Hello to my geocaching friends! I received a message today from a recent cacher that he found one of geocache hosts "broken in to." I will check it out in the next day or two but I can already tell that I am upset, angry and even a bit heartbroken.

I jotted down a few thoughts, trying to learn from the experience...
1. I should realize that geocaching is my hobby, not life and death...
2. I should realize that upon placing the cache out there, I lost all control and gained 100 percent liability that something like this would happen.
3. Perhaps I should hide my cache hosts a bit deeper in the woods, another couple of steps off of the trail, etc...

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and has any suggestions as how to feel better about the situation?

Thanks for sharing any thoughts that you may have!
LuxGirl1969
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Re: Geocache Host Has Been Damaged -- Probably By Vandals

Post by littleblkdog »

It doesn’t always work for me but I try to think of anything I do like placing a geocache or releasing a trackable as giving it to the community.

It will be what it will be. Muggles, vandals, newbie cachers, and so on, there isn’t much you can do.

By and large though, I feel overall the geocaches I have placed have been enjoyed and appreciated. And that makes it worth it.

So let the rest go. That is what I try to do.