Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

2019 MGS Core Officers Nominations

What's New And Exciting in the MGS
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

2019 MGS Core Officers Nominations

Post by littleblkdog »

It's the time of year to begin the selection process for MGS Core Officers for 2019. If you would like to run, please feel free to nominate yourself in this thread; if nominating someone else, please be sure to have their permission before declaring them here. Nominations will begin November 1. The complete list of nominees will be published December 1, along with the beginning of official voting.

The list of positions are:
  • President
  • Vice President
  • Secretary
  • Treasurer
  • Public Relations
Below are the duties of each position as defined in the MGS bylaws.
ARTICLE XI:

Section 2. PRESIDENT
The President will be the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of this Society in charge of all of its activities and business. All other officers and staff shall report to the President or his or her delegate. The President shall be entitled to attend any meeting of the Board or of any committee. The President shall report annually to the Board on the current state of this Society and plans for the future. The President shall submit to the Board the annual budget and annual business plan of this Society for the next fiscal year at least 30 days prior to the commencement of the fiscal year. The President will be empowered to call special meetings of the Board as set forth herein, and shall discharge all other duties as may be required by these Bylaws and from time to time may be assigned by the Board.

Section 3. VICE-PRESIDENT
The Vice-President shall perform the duties of the President in the absence of the President and make arrangements for scheduling meeting dates and locations.
The Vice-President will also supervise all Committees.

Section 4. SECRETARY
The Secretary shall keep or cause to be kept the minutes of the Board in one or more books provided for that purpose, will see that all notices are duly given in accordance with the provisions of these Bylaws or as required by law, and in general perform all duties as from time to time may be prescribed by the President or the Board.

Section 5. TREASURER
The Treasurer shall have charge and custody of all the funds of this Society and shall keep or cause to be kept, in books belonging to this Society, full and accurate amounts of all receipts and disbursements, and shall deposit all money and other valuable effects in the name of this Society in such depositories as may be designated for that purpose by the Board. The Treasurer shall disburse the funds of this Society as may be ordered by the Board or the President and, whenever requested by them, shall deliver to the Board and the President an account of all his or her transactions as Treasurer and of the financial condition of this Society. The Treasurer shall be responsible for this Society’s financial planning and forecasting and shall assist the President in the preparation of this Society’s annual budget. The Treasurer shall coordinate and oversee this Society’s funding, including any audits or other reviews of this Society. The Treasurer shall be responsible for all other matters relating to the financial operation of this Society.

Section 6. PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
The Public Relations Officer shall endeavor to present the advantages of being a member of the MGS in association with Geocaching, as a healthy and enjoyable hobby/sport in general, utilizing all media and/or means at his disposal. He may also coordinate games for events and be the official “Welcome Wagon” on the web site. This entails trying to keep an active participation of the website by encouraging members to post articles and forum remarks in the various threads. Work with other organizations to increase the awareness of the MGS inside of the hobby and work with organizations outside of the hobby who may acquire an interest in the relationship to Geocaching through the MGS. He shall also inquire of the membership for potential participation in media interviews and assist the other officers in awards and ceremonies. The Public Relations Officer or his designated representative(s) must be available to spend a great majority of events at the registration table as well as help the other officers in any presentations or themes for events.
Serving as one of the Core Officers is an excellent way of giving back to the Maryland geocaching community.
CodyHollowFarm
MGS Officer

Re: 2019 MGS Core Officers Nominations

Post by CodyHollowFarm »

Phil and Kathy same offices they currently hold.
Stacy
Always caching, always searching....
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

Al Woltz (AKA: FatBaldOldMan), will be stepping down as the Public Relations Officer. He needs to attend to medical affairs of his family. It has been both a pleasure and an honor to serve as an officer with the Maryland Geocaching Society.
Al Woltz (AKA: FatBaldOldMan or FBOM)
hunterKat
Former MGS Officer

Post by hunterKat »

I accept re-nomination as Secretary for 2019 - thanks!

I also nominate Stacy (CodyHollowFarm) to re-up as VP.
CodyHollowFarm
MGS Officer

Post by CodyHollowFarm »

hunterKat wrote:I accept re-nomination as Secretary for 2019 - thanks!

I also nominate Stacy (CodyHollowFarm) to re-up as VP.

To.work with you and Phil again would be an absolute honor. I accept the nomination.
Stacy
Always caching, always searching....
Run Amok
MGS Member

Post by Run Amok »

I would like to nominate Kris Ann Meehling (Soccertoa) for Vice President. She has always been a great cheerleader for MGS and participates in nearly all the events and activities with gusto. She is an avid cacher of all types and D/Ts and I think she would be a fabulous addition to the leadership team.

Thanks,

Peggy (Run Amok)
soccertoa
Former MGS Officer

Post by soccertoa »

Thanks Run Amok for the nomination of Vice President, it would be an honor to be a part of the MGS officers and I accept this nomination. I enjoy the many events that the MGS hosts each year and I would love to be a part of the planning and organizing of these events and all that MGS does to make caching such a fun activity in Maryland.
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

Run Amok wrote:I would like to nominate Kris Ann Meehling (Soccertoa) for Vice President.
soccertoa wrote:Thanks Run Amok for the nomination of Vice President, it would be an honor to be a part of the MGS officers and I accept this nomination.
Thank you Run Amok for nominating soccertoa, and thank you, soccertoa for agreeing to run for the position of Vice President of the Maryland Geocaching Society. It's always good to have healthy competition for our leadership positions.

For anyone who doesn't know soccertoa, she is featured in November, 2014 month's Member Spotlight of the month.
Al Woltz (AKA: FatBaldOldMan or FBOM)
soccertoa
Former MGS Officer

Post by soccertoa »

I nominate Paul Riddle (lpaulriddle) for treasurer. He's definitely good with numbers. :D
lpaulriddle
MGS Director

Post by lpaulriddle »

I accept the nomination for treasurer. Thanks, Kris!

Little did I know that solving tomulus puzzles would lead to this. :lol:
deepdish23
MGS Director

Post by deepdish23 »

I would like to nominate QUE3NBE3 (Rebecca Larson) for Public Relations Officer. I think she will do a great job.
hunterKat
Former MGS Officer

Post by hunterKat »

In the interest of doing this all properly, I second the nominations for:
littleblkdog (Phil Gilbert) as President
Soccertoa (Kris Meehling) as Vice President
lpaulriddle (Paul Riddle) as Treasurer
QUE3NBE3 (Rebecca Larson) as Public Relations Officer

Thanks to all of you for offering your time to serve this great organization!
deepdish23
MGS Director

Post by deepdish23 »

To make it official

I 2nd the nomination for HunterKat for Secretary
2nd the nomination for CodyHollowFarm for Vice President

Thank you for everyone who has decided to run and serve the MGS for 2019.
I think all 6 people who have been nominated so far will do a excellent job.
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Post by littleblkdog »

I accept the nomination for 2019 President.

Please also note that the clock for the web server hasn't fallen back to EST yet.
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Post by littleblkdog »

Nominations for 2019 Core Officers are closed. The following nominations were received:

President - littleblkdog

Vice President
- CodyHollowFarm
- Soccertoa

Secretary - hunterKat

Treasurer - lpaulriddle

Public Relations - QUE3NBE3

With two candidates for Vice President, there will be a majority vote to determine that office. Voting will be by email and will end on 31 December. To vote, members will need to send an email with the name of their chosen candidate to 2019MGSVote@mdgps.org with a subject of 2019 MGS Vote. If your email isn't sent to the correct address with the correct subject, it will not be received and therefore NOT counted.

*The above address points to two Directors who will independently count the votes and provide the results to the President at the conclusion of voting on 31 December. The results will be announced on 1 January.

Having only one nomination per office, the following 2019 offices will be filled without vote:

President - littleblkdog

Secretary - hunterKat

Treasurer - lpaulriddle

Public Relations - QUE3NBE3
robert
MGS Site Admin

Post by robert »

Hi all -

Please use the appropriate subject as noted in the post above. Without that subject there's a chance your vote gets missed.

Thank you!
-robert
MGS Site Admin, MGS Director, former Officer
Need to change or edit your username? Send me a PM!
Link to the MGS | Visit us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | robert@mdgps.org
Que3nbe3
Former MGS Officer

Post by Que3nbe3 »

I accept the position of Public Relations Officer for the Maryland Geocaching Society. I hope I'm up for this. :-D