Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Night Caches

General Chit-Chat.
kbittner14
MGS Member

Night Caches

Post by kbittner14 »

What are everyone's favorite night caches that are still active? They do not have to be in Maryland but within the PA/MD/VA/WVA/DE/NJ area. So far I've only come across and done WVTim's and know of Notchcliff Road GCQHPD and Bihy Cementary GC6WC01.
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Night Caches

Post by littleblkdog »

There are two good ones in Kearneysville WV by GR8Caches. They are on the NW section of the bike trail.
kbittner14
MGS Member

Re: Night Caches

Post by kbittner14 »

littleblkdog wrote:There are two good ones in Kearneysville WV by GR8Caches. They are on the NW section of the bike trail.
I did have those saved on my list. Thank you for confirming they are good ones to do! I will put them on my radar to do in the near future. :D
joejackson
MGS Member

Post by joejackson »

The Evil Imp- A Nyte Cache was pretty fun. There's a puzzle to solve before you head to the cache, and there's a nice surprise at the end!
hunterKat
Former MGS Officer

Post by hunterKat »

I haven't done this one, but In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night Cache (GC6VYXB) looks to at least have a pretty cool final. It's near Newark, DE.
lpaulriddle
MGS Director

Post by lpaulriddle »

I'll second the recommendation for Evil Imp (GC3YJEG). I did it with just my wife and kids, but it would also be a great one to do with a larger group. Just an all-around great cache.

A few summers ago, we did one in Salisbury, MD called "A Shot in The Dark" (GC3MYA2). This one doesn't seem to get many visits, but was a nice nighttime trek through the woods.

There's a really nice one in Frederick called A Song of Ice and Fire (GC5WA8T). It is creative and well put together, but has had issues with maintenance in the past, so YMMV.
Decker
MGS Member

Post by Decker »

I didn't know Evil Imp cache supported larger groups than a few people. That's actually great to hear.
I think these crossbows are superb and of great quality too.
fuzzydave
MGS Officer

Post by fuzzydave »

We did Evil Imp a few summers ago with 3 or 4 adults and a handful of kids. Good times.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
Dradicus
MGS Member

Post by Dradicus »

I personally really enjoyed the evil imp night cache, so much so that I’ve been out there about a half dozen times now with different people. If my knee wasn’t currently torn up I’d gladly go again. The night caches at sleepy creek are pretty good too. I’ve done those (all but one) a few times with different people too. The song of fire and ice was great too but we had some trouble with the tacks.
Serrabou
MGS Member

Post by Serrabou »

hunterKat
Former MGS Officer

Post by hunterKat »

I did Evil Imp with a large group - maybe 20 or so, and had a blast. One caveat there - make sure you have PLENTY of light with you (and spare batteries) at GZ - it's a tricky area.
jerkybill
MGS Member

Post by jerkybill »

CCGT2013-WALKING AFTER MIDNIGHT

GC7HJ9T

Part of the Clearfield County Geotour- A bit of a distance between some of the fire tacks, but the experience was very worth it.