Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Letterbox Stamp -- Host Cache Unknown, Please Help

General Chit-Chat.
Suttymonks
MGS Member

Letterbox Stamp -- Host Cache Unknown, Please Help

Post by Suttymonks »

Hi Everyone --
I keep a small journal of sorts that I use to keep track of the letterbox stamps I cross paths with while on the trail. I usually make a note of the cache name, the GC code and the date of my visit on the page where I make each stamp.
We were out this summer on the trails and I forgot to note where I made this particular stamp. Based on our activities, we were most likely in a park where this stamp was either in a former CAM cache or near one in another hide.
Does anyone recognize this image and can tell me where it's host is? I'd like to keep my journal complete (and this is making me crazy!).
Thanks and happy trails -- Suttymonks
Attachments
binoculars_letterbox.jpg
lpaulriddle
MGS Director

Re: Letterbox Stamp -- Host Cache Unknown, Please Help

Post by lpaulriddle »

In spite of my partiality for letterboxes and letterboxing, I don't collect the stamp imprints (never seem to be organized enough to bring letterboxing stuff along with me when I'm caching). That said, I'll take a wild guess that that stamp is from GC6Y6GG, "CAM 2017: Herrington Manor State Park". My reasoning is that (a) it's a LBH cache, and (b) the stamp matches the code that was inside it ("scenic view" attribute).

As I always say, "I could be wrong". :D
fuzzydave
MGS Officer

Post by fuzzydave »

lpaulriddle wrote:In spite of my partiality for letterboxes and letterboxing, I don't collect the stamp imprints (never seem to be organized enough to bring letterboxing stuff along with me when I'm caching). That said, I'll take a wild guess that that stamp is from GC6Y6GG, "CAM 2017: Herrington Manor State Park". My reasoning is that (a) it's a LBH cache, and (b) the stamp matches the code that was inside it ("scenic view" attribute).

I concur with paul, my notes say that one had the binoculars/scenic view attribute stamp.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
fuzzydave
MGS Officer

Post by fuzzydave »

fuzzydave wrote:
lpaulriddle wrote:In spite of my partiality for letterboxes and letterboxing, I don't collect the stamp imprints (never seem to be organized enough to bring letterboxing stuff along with me when I'm caching). That said, I'll take a wild guess that that stamp is from GC6Y6GG, "CAM 2017: Herrington Manor State Park". My reasoning is that (a) it's a LBH cache, and (b) the stamp matches the code that was inside it ("scenic view" attribute).

I concur with paul, my notes say that one had the binoculars/scenic view attribute stamp.

And Suttymonks found it on April 7 of this year

Suttymonks
MGS Member

Post by Suttymonks »

I just wanted to post a quick reply/ thank you for helping me out. Looking back at our notes, there was nothing that indicated that this was the cache's matching stamp, so I was really stuck. I have a lot of respect for anyone who after amassing a heap of finds can still somehow remember a particular cache placement or container. Kudos to you and again, many thanks. My little book is complete again and I will be more careful in the future! Happy trails!