Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

CAM Caching on Sunday Question

Discussion of CAM, the CAM caches, etc. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!
Calvertcachers
Former MGS Officer

CAM Caching on Sunday Question

Post by Calvertcachers »

Is this post on the CAM map thread real or a joke?
If it is real, I do have concerns.
Geocaching and the MGS consists of people from all walks of life, religions, cultures, employment and we cannot say when people should geocache unless a facility is closed on a particular day. Not unless every 2019 CAM location is closed on Sunday.
CAM has been grandfathered in with Groundspeak since 2004 and making this type of decision could jeopardized our status.
If this is a joke, I would suggest rephrasing.
Thanks!

[quote="littleblkdog"]So we did something new for CAM this year. We entered into a corporate partnership with a certain company to greatly expand and redefine our CAM this year. We had to make one sacrifice. No caching on Sundays. In exchange you get lots of CAM and frozen lemonade. Thanks to Zumbido for the great idea and the connections to make it happen. Map not for navigational purposes, locations approximate, not to scale.
bneeriemer
MGS Member

Re: CAM Caching on Sunday Question

Post by bneeriemer »

I must confess to being intrigued.
Maybe all the bonus caches will be in their stores.
Or maybe all the caches will be filled with coupons.
We'll see.
cooley1103
Former MGS Officer

Post by cooley1103 »

I am certain this is more of a farse than anything because it is on the teaser thread and is part of their diabolical way of trying to confuse people and not give solid hints as to where the CAM caches are hidden.

There is no way the MGS would put its members in a position that prevents people from caching or to influence people into following a specific religion or belief structure, unless it is the worship of the almighty frog :dance: .

We're only a couple days away from CAM and I hope to see many of you on the trails on Sundays.
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Post by littleblkdog »

I have edited the post slightly to make it more clear.

As I mentioned in the first post of the teaser thread, those posts are meant to be lighthearted and good fun. Personally I thought the idea to be so unlikely, I didn't see how anybody could possibly take this serious. For one thing geocaching rules generally don't allow geocaches in businesses (except events). Similarly any kind of partnership on that scale would almost certainly need approval from Groundspeak.

The first post in that thread is also caveated "The small print: This is meant in good fun. Part of CAM is the suspense. If you can't take the suspense or good natured humor, don't subscribe to this thread and enjoy the reveal on kick-off day. If you have a complaint, file it with the MGS President."

Apologies if I startled or confused anybody.
AL's Guide
Former MGS Officer

Post by AL's Guide »

I saw it at lunchtime today and thought it was really funny. After all, the teaser map has evolved and is clearly stated as being diabolical. The red Virginia kinda set the mood for future postings. Not the way it was used before but fun to look at. I hope LBD comes up with more like this as long as disclaimers are posted to keep us out of hot water. When I saw it there was no doubt it was poking fun.

It made me have more laughs remembering the cache Snurt had at one of these chicky locations. Sunday was the only real day to go stick your arm into the backside of the cow shaped bush. Still was a weird position to be in when a car passed by while going for the cache. It was a good one. :lol:

I don't know the policies on sponsorship and don't even care to but would like to point out that I have many Geo Event shirts with sponsors printed on the back. One from ASP even has a big Micky D's M on the back. Just saying for informations sake.

Thanks for brightening the day.
hunterKat
Former MGS Officer

Post by hunterKat »

:applause: Who would ever expect there to be 42 CAM caches in one year?!? I though it was hilarious! Gotta keep the humor fresh...