Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Fair Hill Multi Trip - DATE CHANGE!

Plan your group hikes/get-togethers, discuss caches in need of TLC/adoption plus new & favorite caches, as well as park/geocacher relations.
zumbido
MGS Member

Fair Hill Multi Trip - DATE CHANGE!

Post by zumbido »

On Friday, June 14th, I am thinking of heading up to the Fair Hill NRMA to pick up the two 2001 multis and the associated 2002 caches along the trails. I wanted to see if anyone else would like to join me. I would probably get up there around 8:30 AM and cache until 2:30 PM or so. If you're interested, post in this thread and we'll coordinate.

I changed the date of this trip on 6/11 due to the weather forecast. See below for the final details.
Last edited by zumbido on Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Re: Fair Hill Multi Trip

Post by littleblkdog »

You should talk to ZippyFinn. She was thinking about that but I don’t know if she watches the forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ZippyFinn
MGS Member

Post by ZippyFinn »

Definitely interested. Teaching a summer session so my only hold-up is waiting to see what days I'm teaching. Will keep you posted.
JL826
MGS Member

Post by JL826 »

I would be interested in tagging along I've been wanting to grab these.
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

I'm down for the trip. Finally a trip fairly close to where I live.
Al Woltz (AKA: FatBaldOldMan or FBOM)
ZippyFinn
MGS Member

Post by ZippyFinn »

Sorry to miss the trip. Class on Thursdays. Enjoy!
DSG53DoyleStreetGang
MGS Member

Post by DSG53DoyleStreetGang »

I am interested
zumbido
MGS Member

Post by zumbido »

Good morning everyone,

For anyone that may still be interested in grabbing these classic multis, I am planning on making the visit to Fair Hill NRMA this Friday, June 14th.

I am planning to arrive around 8:30 and tackle GC2BE4 Ruined-Chicken Multicache first. If you'd like to join us, meet us in the parking lot that is off Appleton Road North at N39° 42.848 W075° 49.330.

Once we're done there and time permitting, we will head over to the parking for GC2570 Fair Hill Multicache and embark on that adventure. Suggested parking for that one is by the covered bridge at N39° 42.613 W075° 50.261.

I have a stop time around 2:30, but I'm hoping 6 hours of hiking and struggling in the woods should be enough time. If you'd like to join our intrepid band of adventurers, please let me know.

Thanks,
zumbido
Last edited by zumbido on Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lpaulriddle
MGS Director

Post by lpaulriddle »

zumbido wrote:Good morning everyone,
I have a stop time around 2:30, but I'm hoping 6 hours of hiking and struggling in the woods should be enough time. If you'd like to join our intrepid band of adventurers, please let me know.
For what it's worth, Alzarius and I did Ruined-Chicken and Fair Hill Multicache in about 4 hours, which included grabbing a bunch of trads along the way. However, we did it in January, and were able to save some time by cutting across fields in several places. The grass may be too tall for that this time of year.
zumbido
MGS Member

Re: Fair Hill Multi Trip - DATE CHANGE!

Post by zumbido »

After looking at the forecast, I am rescheduling my trip up to Fair Hill NRMA to this Friday, June 14th.

I am planning to arrive around 8:30 and tackle GC2BE4 Ruined-Chicken Multicache first. If you'd like to join us, meet me in the parking lot that is off Appleton Road North at N39° 42.848 W075° 49.330.

Once I'm done there and time permitting, I will head over to the parking for GC2570 Fair Hill Multicache and embark on that adventure. Suggested parking for that one is by the covered bridge at N39° 42.613 W075° 50.261.

I have a stop time around 2:30, but I'm hoping 6 hours of hiking and struggling in the woods should be enough time. Sadly the time change did not work for my original band of adventurers, deepest apologies to them, but if anyone else would like to join me, please let me know.