Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Maintenance run to kayak caches on the Patapsco River

Plan your group hikes/get-togethers, discuss caches in need of TLC/adoption plus new & favorite caches, as well as park/geocacher relations.
lpaulriddle
MGS Director

Maintenance run to kayak caches on the Patapsco River

Post by lpaulriddle »

All,

I just adopted 6 kayak caches placed by Team Red Oak along the Patapsco River. They are:
"Dragon's Lair" (GC79TPG) - last found 8/6/2017
"Beatle Juice" (GC79GVJ) - last found 4/18/2018
"Sharknado" (GC6K5HK) - last found 8/6/2017
"Wax on, wax off" (GC62B3R) - last found 4/13/2018
"Got Crabs?" (GC5W5GH) - last found 4/18/2018
"Slow Motion" (GC5W5KP) - last found 12/29/2017

In addition, there is a puzzle cache "The Love of Mars" (GC2W249) along the same stretch of river that I have been unofficially maintaining for several years. It was last found 6/28/2017. And lastly, the venerable "Baltimore Hydrocache #1" (GCJYNE) is nearby as well - last found 8/6/2017.

I would like to make a maintenance run to these caches sometime in August or September, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in tagging along. I'll be replacing any caches that are missing, so you'd get 6 guaranteed finds (7 if you've solved the puzzle cache). For those without kayaks, I have a couple of inflatables I can lend out which, while not the greatest, will work fine on this stretch of river.

If interested, you can reply here or contact me directly. I have not chosen a date yet, but it will probably be on a weekend, depending on who's interested and when folks are available.

Paul
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Re: Maintenance run to kayak caches on the Patapsco River

Post by littleblkdog »

I’m definitely interested. I’ll talk to you about dates tomorrow.
Diamondback7
MGS Member

Post by Diamondback7 »

No kayak, but interested pending dates
lpaulriddle
MGS Director

Post by lpaulriddle »

OK. For those interested, I am looking at the morning of Saturday 8/17. Meet at the launch around 9:15 and we'll try to get on the water soon after. We'll be about an hour past high tide, so it should be a pretty good paddle with (hopefully) not too many shallow spots.

I suspect that both of my hard shell kayaks will be spoken for, but as I mentioned earlier, I do have an inflatable I can lend out (including paddle and PFD). First person to respond to this thread gets it.

Hope to see a bunch of you there!
Paul
Diamondback7
MGS Member

Post by Diamondback7 »

Looks like I have secured a kayak -- count me in :D :D :D :dance: :dance: :dance:
ZippyFinn
MGS Member

Post by ZippyFinn »

Might possibly be able to make this.
lpaulriddle
MGS Director

Post by lpaulriddle »

For anyone interested, I may join KWrightVA for a quick run over to the infamous PUC #10: Derelict Grunge Acropolis (GCT9NC) after we wrap up the kayaking. It's about a 20 minute drive from the launch.