Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

2020 MGS Core Officers Nominations

What's New And Exciting in the MGS
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

2020 MGS Core Officers Nominations

Post by littleblkdog »

Nominations for MGS Core Officers for 2020 are open. If you would like to run, please feel free to nominate yourself in this thread; if nominating someone else, please be sure to have their permission before nominating them here. The complete list of nominees will be published on or about December 1, along with the beginning of official voting which will end on December 31.

The list of positions are:
  • President
  • Vice President
  • Secretary
  • Treasurer
  • Public Relations
Below are the duties of each position as defined in the MGS bylaws.
ARTICLE XI:

Section 2. PRESIDENT
The President will be the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of this Society in charge of all of its activities and business. All other officers and staff shall report to the President or his or her delegate. The President shall be entitled to attend any meeting of the Board or of any committee. The President shall report annually to the Board on the current state of this Society and plans for the future. The President shall submit to the Board the annual budget and annual business plan of this Society for the next fiscal year at least 30 days prior to the commencement of the fiscal year. The President will be empowered to call special meetings of the Board as set forth herein, and shall discharge all other duties as may be required by these Bylaws and from time to time may be assigned by the Board.

Section 3. VICE-PRESIDENT
The Vice-President shall perform the duties of the President in the absence of the President and make arrangements for scheduling meeting dates and locations.
The Vice-President will also supervise all Committees.

Section 4. SECRETARY
The Secretary shall keep or cause to be kept the minutes of the Board in one or more books provided for that purpose, will see that all notices are duly given in accordance with the provisions of these Bylaws or as required by law, and in general perform all duties as from time to time may be prescribed by the President or the Board.

Section 5. TREASURER
The Treasurer shall have charge and custody of all the funds of this Society and shall keep or cause to be kept, in books belonging to this Society, full and accurate amounts of all receipts and disbursements, and shall deposit all money and other valuable effects in the name of this Society in such depositories as may be designated for that purpose by the Board. The Treasurer shall disburse the funds of this Society as may be ordered by the Board or the President and, whenever requested by them, shall deliver to the Board and the President an account of all his or her transactions as Treasurer and of the financial condition of this Society. The Treasurer shall be responsible for this Society’s financial planning and forecasting and shall assist the President in the preparation of this Society’s annual budget. The Treasurer shall coordinate and oversee this Society’s funding, including any audits or other reviews of this Society. The Treasurer shall be responsible for all other matters relating to the financial operation of this Society.

Section 6. PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
The Public Relations Officer shall endeavor to present the advantages of being a member of the MGS in association with Geocaching, as a healthy and enjoyable hobby/sport in general, utilizing all media and/or means at his disposal. He may also coordinate games for events and be the official “Welcome Wagon” on the web site. This entails trying to keep an active participation of the website by encouraging members to post articles and forum remarks in the various threads. Work with other organizations to increase the awareness of the MGS inside of the hobby and work with organizations outside of the hobby who may acquire an interest in the relationship to Geocaching through the MGS. He shall also inquire of the membership for potential participation in media interviews and assist the other officers in awards and ceremonies. The Public Relations Officer or his designated representative(s) must be available to spend a great majority of events at the registration table as well as help the other officers in any presentations or themes for events.
Serving as one of the Core Officers is an excellent way of giving back to the Maryland geocaching community.
Always Lost 00
MGS Member

Re: 2020 MGS Core Officers Nominations

Post by Always Lost 00 »

I would like to nominate ( with his permission ) AL's Guide ( Jerry Spickler ) for Public Relations Officer
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Post by littleblkdog »

I nominate lpaulriddle for Treasurer.
Alzarius
MGS Director

Post by Alzarius »

For formality’s sake:

• I second the nomination of AL's Guide for Public Relations Officer
• I second the nomination of lpaulriddle for Treasurer

Thanks to Jerry for stepping forward, and thanks to Paul for his willingness to continue!
larspolo
MGS Member

Post by larspolo »

• I third the nomination of AL's Guide for Public Relations Officer
• I third the nomination of lpaulriddle for Treasurer

• I withdraw my nomination for ZippyFinn as President. She said "No," followed by warnings about physical threats of various levels.
tazscouter
MGS Officer

Post by tazscouter »

I would like to nominate lpyankeefan for Secretary.
lpyankeefan
MGS Officer

Post by lpyankeefan »

I would like to nominate tazscouter for President.
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Post by littleblkdog »

We are going to hold the 2020 MGS Core Officer Nominations open for another day while we look for the VP who continues to be elusive. Apparently it is a 5/5 VP. Never fear, we are geocachers and we can find a qualified VP. If you are the VP we are looking for, make yourself known now. It will be like a really good hint. You can announce yourself here: 2020 MGS Core Officers Nominations.
snowsox1023
MGS Member

Post by snowsox1023 »

I nominate CodyHollowFarm for VP
CodyHollowFarm
MGS Officer

Post by CodyHollowFarm »

I accept
Stacy
Always caching, always searching....
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Post by littleblkdog »

Congratulations to the new 2020 MGS Core Officers:

President - tazscouter (Cindy)
Vice President - CodyHollowFarm (Stacy)
Secretary - lpyankeefan (Larry)
Treasurer - lpaulriddle (Paul)
Public Relations - AL's Guide (Jerry)

2020 is going to be a great year!

Thank you to the 2019 MGS Core including Vice President Soccertoa (Kris Ann), Secretary hunterKat (Kathy), Treasurer lpaulriddle (Paul) and Public Relations QUE3NBE3 (Rebecca).
CodyHollowFarm
MGS Officer

Post by CodyHollowFarm »

Thank you Phil for the past two years as president!
Stacy
Always caching, always searching....