Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

FYEO Adventure

Plan your group hikes/get-togethers, discuss caches in need of TLC/adoption plus new & favorite caches, as well as park/geocacher relations.
soccertoa
Former MGS Officer

FYEO Adventure

Post by soccertoa »

A couple of us are going after the FYEO letterbox (https://coord.info/GC48Q6D) in Patapsco State Park near Marriottsville on Friday Dec. 13th. We're meeting at the parking near the railroad tracks in Marriottsville at 10:00 a.m. and will carpool to the trail head. I'll add parking coords when I get a chance. Let me know if you'd like to join us. This one looks a bit complicated and I have no idea how long it will take. But we figured it would be fun to do as a group. We will reschedule if the weather is bad that day.
joejackson
MGS Member

Re: FYEO Adventure

Post by joejackson »

Count me in... probably.

Got a medical thing earlier in the week. Shouldn't be an issue, but if the doc says lay low for a few days, I'll be a last-minute scratch. Otherwise, I'm in!
lpaulriddle
MGS Director

Post by lpaulriddle »

I'd love to join in, as it has been a long time since I verified all of the stages. Unfortunately, I am out of town that week. Is there any chance I could trouble you guys to take waypoints at each of the stages? I currently don't have any, and would love to have them for my notes. They do not need to be exact - just ballpark area is fine.

I did check on the final this past March, and there's been a subsequent find since then.

Make sure you wear blaze orange, as that is a popular hunting area and it's hunting season right now. Probably good to leave the dogs at home.
soccertoa
Former MGS Officer

Post by soccertoa »

Looks like we have a good size group for our little adventure.
We'll meet a parking: N 39 21.100 W 76 53.922 at 10:00 a.m.
I'll post here on the forum if we have to reschedule if the weather is too bad.
Monacans
MGS Member

Post by Monacans »

Looks like at least one of us will be joining.
soccertoa
Former MGS Officer

Post by soccertoa »

Due to the miserable weather forecast for tomorrow, we've decided to reschedule this adventure for 9:00 am on Friday Dec. 20th. Sorry for any inconvenience, but keeping our fingers crossed that we'll have better weather next Friday and no rain.
soccertoa
Former MGS Officer

Post by soccertoa »

Weather is looking fairly decent for Friday so we're still planning the outing for the 20th. However, we're bumping the time to 10:30 am at the request of a fellow cacher that wants to join us.