Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Possible Event Idea: World of Warcraft® TB Discovery

Discuss upcoming events around the state.
Suttymonks
MGS Member

Possible Event Idea: World of Warcraft® TB Discovery

Post by Suttymonks »

Hi Everyone -- We found out yesterday that we were lucky enough to be randomly selected to receive a World of Warcraft® trackable.
We had an idea... These unique and special trackables are nearly impossible to find "in the wild". We had an idea -- have a centrally located event and ask that anyone in the MGS who is available come with their WoW TB and let all attendees discover them before we all release them. We would love to share ours and be able to have all of the TBs in our personal profile as "discovered" in case we could end up with a souvenir. :-)

We need:
(1) A host and a central location -- Annapolis, Columbia sort of near that area...
(2) A date. Fall picnic is too soon. (Our email said "You should expect to receive it within the next couple of weeks.") Holiday get-together is too far away. We are supposed to release them soon. Thoughts?
(3) A list of who received one -- AND which one you got (there are 7). Email did not say which one -- need to wait for package.

Here are the names:
-- Jaina Proudmoore
-- Lady Liadrin
-- Muradin Bronzebeard
-- Tirion Fordring
-- Sylvanas Windrunner
-- Thrall
-- Varian Wrynn

Feedback? OK, thanks. -- Suttymonks
Run Amok
MGS Member

Re: Possible Event Idea: World of Warcraft® TB Discovery

Post by Run Amok »

Suttymonks wrote:Hi Everyone -- We found out yesterday that we were lucky enough to be randomly selected to receive a World of Warcraft® trackable.
We had an idea... These unique and special trackables are nearly impossible to find "in the wild". We had an idea -- have a centrally located event and ask that anyone in the MGS who is available come with their WoW TB and let all attendees discover them before we all release them. We would love to share ours and be able to have all of the TBs in our personal profile as "discovered" in case we could end up with a souvenir. :-)

We need:
(1) A host and a central location -- Annapolis, Columbia sort of near that area...
(2) A date. Fall picnic is too soon. (Our email said "You should expect to receive it within the next couple of weeks.") Holiday get-together is too far away. We are supposed to release them soon. Thoughts?
(3) A list of who received one -- AND which one you got (there are 7). Email did not say which one -- need to wait for package.

Here are the names:
-- Jaina Proudmoore
-- Lady Liadrin
-- Muradin Bronzebeard
-- Tirion Fordring
-- Sylvanas Windrunner
-- Thrall
-- Varian Wrynn

Feedback? OK, thanks. -- Suttymonks
I was also chosen to receive one.

I am having a Community Celebration event at the Town Centre Mall area on Friday the 29th (GC8M9D0). It's a Halloween Costume party. You are welcome to use my event for this purpose. I would recommend putting it on Facebook though, as many of us don't log in here very often.

~Run Amok
Suttymonks
MGS Member

Post by Suttymonks »

Run Amok --
Thank you so much for replying to our post. We could see that it was being read but with no responses, could not tell if either no one local had also been chosen to receive a TB or if no one else was interested in the idea.
We really appreciate your offer to piggyback on your event. Not sure if we will be able to make it your event yet (our TB hasn't even arrived -- has yours?). The map I looked at does not show any that are active anywhere on the east coast.
When yours does arrive, if we've missed the CC event, would you still want to link up?
Happy Halloween, Suttymonks
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Post by littleblkdog »

If the tags don’t arrive for this Friday’s event, there is always the following week too:

FTIC November 2021
https://coord.info/GC9HFQA
Run Amok
MGS Member

Post by Run Amok »

I checked today and mine hasn't come either. I'm going to be in Delaware on the 4th and am planning to drop it over there, so hopefully I'll get it before Friday.
Suttymonks
MGS Member

Post by Suttymonks »

I just checked the map to see if anyone has received theirs and activated it... so far we have ONE. LOL. Don't know how long this will take but we are hoping that the map we are looking at is live and not on some kind of delay.
Thanks, everyone.
We are considering hosting an event for our travel tag even it's the only one present just so people have the opportunity to see it. Thanks for your patience as we are clueless and just waiting it out. :-)