Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

How do you Navigate?

General Chit-Chat.
Satch47
MGS Member

How do you Navigate?

Post by Satch47 »

How do you Navigate from Geocache to Geocache?

I generally load my caches into my Garmin Nuvi AND also into my Garmin Dakota 20. I use the Nuvi to navigate from cache to cache to get as close as I can by car and then I switch to the Dakota (or my iPhone) to "Hone" in on the prize. I'm just curious to know how others do it. NOTE: I never have anyone in the car that knows how to navigate so I have to drive and navigate at the same time myself. That's why I rely on the Nuvi.
zorrobarnes
MGS Member

Re: How do you Navigate?

Post by zorrobarnes »

I use the cachly app on my iphone and pull up a cache location or parking coords if given.
From the cache page I can connect directly to Apple Maps or Google Maps and it will show me driving directions. If I'm lucky it will give me voice navigation - I say lucky, because for some unknown reason the voice navigation doesn't always work :o
Satch47
MGS Member

Post by Satch47 »

zorrobarnes wrote:I use the cachly app on my iphone and pull up a cache location or parking coords if given.
From the cache page I can connect directly to Apple Maps or Google Maps and it will show me driving directions. If I'm lucky it will give me voice navigation - I say lucky, because for some unknown reason the voice navigation doesn't always work :o
Thanks zorrobarnes. I just recently put the cachly app on my phone but really haven't given it a chance. I have used cachly when I get to GZ to hone in on the prize but I feel uncomfortable using my phone and driving at the same time. Maybe if I got a phone mount it would be better or if I could get someone else to drive while I navigate. I think I'll give it a test try the next time I go to a cache where I know the area and know how to get there on my own without the help of my Nuvi. Thanks Again zorrobarnes.
Satch
zorrobarnes
MGS Member

Post by zorrobarnes »

The voice navigation works well, but I like to also visually see the next turn, so definitely use a phone mount.
Satch47
MGS Member

Post by Satch47 »

zorrobarnes wrote:The voice navigation works well, but I like to also visually see the next turn, so definitely use a phone mount.
I just ordered one! :lol: