It is currently Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:08 am 
MGS Officer

Hey all…. Good morning…. Wanted to touch base on cache etiquette here briefly. I was in Boston when my Delaware caching friends got notification a cache of theirs had been found. No big deal right? Wrong. The post said the cache was not as described in listing. So they emailed the last finder and asked them to describe it. It was obviously a throw down with the last two previous finders names on it. Cache was there by the way.

This is not the first time this pair has put a throw down at a cache location where the cache is. As a friendly reminder….

LOOK. Look again. Expand your search area. Reach out to the cache owner. We WANT you to get that smilie just as much as you do. DON’T toss a throw down without cache owner permission. Granted, most of us don’t care. A lot of us do. Personally, if it’s one of my series, that are made specifically, I’ll take a throw down and go replace it within a few days (If I’m not traveling) Once again, I want people to get a smilie! But ask, search.

Please be respectful of the cache owner and the effort they put forth to maintain and manage their caches. If you can’t find it, use that phone a friend, reach out. Just don’t do a throw down.