Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Welcome to the New Members!

General Chit-Chat.
PinkChick
MGS Member

New member hello

Post by PinkChick »

Sorry . . I made a separate thread for my hello. :oops: Glad to be here and hope to get started real soon!

Leslie :D
Last Lap Gang
MGS Member

Welcome

Post by Last Lap Gang »

You picked a great hobby. Try and make it to the Fall Picnic October 23rd. It is the last big event of the season. There will be lots of people there to buddy up with to cache and no matter if you have 1 find or 1000 finds we all treat each other the same. Welcome aboard! :D
Wags from the Last Lap Gang!

Caching from So Md & SE PA since 2002
Simulatmore
Former MGS Officer

Post by Simulatmore »

I'm seeing lots of new names logging in. :-D
Come on introduce yourself we don't bite......hard. 8O
:welcomeani
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
robert
MGS Site Admin

Post by robert »

Good reminder, Simulatmore!

Lots of folks have signed up.... hello!!! :smt006
-robert
MGS Site Admin, MGS Director, former Officer
Need to change or edit your username? Send me a PM!
Link to the MGS | Visit us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | robert@mdgps.org
Simulatmore
Former MGS Officer

Post by Simulatmore »

I keep trying to suck them into the forums with the ticker. :wink:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
MajorT
MGS Member

Post by MajorT »

OK, I'll bite! I've been Geocaching for a little over a year now. I started out in Los Angeles and continued in PA when I moved last year. I'm actually not from MD, but the one person I've recruited into the activity is, and I've done several in the Baltimore area with her. I tend to cache in Central PA, where my family is from, and Philadelphia, where I live now. Caching, while great fun all on it's own, is also an excellent way to explore a new area. Finding caches, it seems, is the only motivation I have for checking out the 5 mile radius around my apartment! Anyway, this is a great site! I'm glad I stumbled on to it. :)
DaisyChain
Former MGS Officer

Post by DaisyChain »

Welcome, MajorT. We have several other active members from PA. We welcome any cachers as a friend. It's good to see you here. Feel free to join in on any of the threads. There is also a chat later on this evening.
robert
MGS Site Admin

Post by robert »

welcome, majorT! we welcome folks from all over, don't need to be from or reside in maryland to have a home here.

thanks for introducing yourself! :)
-robert
Link to the MGS | Visit us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | robert@mdgps.org
Simulatmore
Former MGS Officer

Post by Simulatmore »

Hey look I caught one :wink:
:welcomeani MajorT
trev
Former MGS Officer

Welcome MajorT

Post by trev »

Hopefully we'll see you up in C.PA.

Trev
Last Lap Gang
MGS Member

Post by Last Lap Gang »

Hey Major T welcome to the site and come back often it is ever changing ever evolving. You cache in a hotbed up in Central Pa. The LLG has done quite a bit of caching in SE Pennsy based out of 18901. There are some fun caches and cachers up that way. We all here extend a hand for you to visit often, post as much as you would like, and come to our events. You DO NOT leave hungry nor wanting for a unique caching experience. Welcome aboard and thanks for biting! We like Biters. :D

MajorT
MGS Member

Post by MajorT »

Thanks for the welcome you guys!!

..Warm fuzzies, etc. ;)

Looking forward to getting to know you guys here on the boards and possibly at some events in the future!
SARNate
MGS Member

Hello All

Post by SARNate »

May Name is Nathan. I have been into Geocacheing for 1 year now and enjoy the Hobby. I work for Maryland Emergency Management Agency and volunteer with Norrisville Volunteer Fire Company in Harford Co.

I hope to make some new friends and go cacheing sometime soon.

Nathan
Fritz_Monroe
MGS Member

Post by Fritz_Monroe »

Welcome Nathan. You will find that this is probably the most hospitable group of people you will ever meet. Join in on the forums.

An event not to be missed is the Coffee Time with SBUX. Every friday night. A great time is had by all.

F_M
Last Lap Gang
MGS Member

Post by Last Lap Gang »

Welcome aboard Nathan. Stop by to visit from time to time. Also don't let your stomach miss when we start Meeting and Greeting next season. Awesome caching and great vittles. I have run across a couple of cool fire related Travel Bugs have you? :wink: :D

DaisyChain
Former MGS Officer

Post by DaisyChain »

Welcome Nathan! We were just up your way for the Fall Picnic. You want caching friends? You found us. We look forward to your posts.
robert
MGS Site Admin

Post by robert »

Hey, Nate! Thanks for registering and introducing yourself... make yourself comfortable. :D
-robert
Simulatmore
Former MGS Officer

Post by Simulatmore »

Welcome Nate, pull up a forum and make yourself at home.
:welcomeani
SARNate
MGS Member

Post by SARNate »

Thanks All
VinceHayter
MGS Member

Hello everyone, did I do this right?

Post by VinceHayter »

Everytime I try to add to forums, no matter what the page, I always seems to mess it up. Hopefully this won't cause any major destruction.

Anyway, my name is VinceHayter (or Ken), new to the area having just moved after getting married Nov.13th. My wife introduced caching to me when we were still in college and I was instantly hooked!
I'm continuously amazed by how popular the sport is here in Maryland compared to my hometown in Ohio which does not have one single geocache within its city limits. Anyway, thanks powers that be, for creating this for cachers to get together and get to know one another.

P.S. Can anyone guess where my handle comes from? and no, it's not a rappers term (for those of you who thought Hayter meant hater...)
-remember when QotM used to be a thing? :roll: