Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

First State Challenge - FSC-2018

Discuss upcoming events around the state.
hostanut
MGS Member

Post by hostanut »

FSC-2018 will kickoff on September 22, 2018 with 10 gadget type caches.

You will need a UV Light, manual tire pump (NO compressors or air tanks for safety reasons) and water to complete some of the caches.

Cachers who participate in the FSC-2018 Challenge are STRONGLY encouraged to read the cache pages including Attributes and Hints before attempting FSC-2018 caches.

GC7VY3E FSC-2018 Celebration Event will be held on November 3, 2018 in Seaford DE. A chinese auction will be held at the event.
Ejwall
MGS Member

Post by Ejwall »

These caches will be new ones? Or will they be ones made by WVTim?

Sorry for my naivety.

Also, I’m looking forward to this, I have yet to do a gadget cache and would love to do this series

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hostanut
MGS Member

Re: First State Challenge - FSC-2018

Post by hostanut »

None of the FSC-2018 caches were made by WVTim!!!!

WVTim is NOT the only person that owns/builds gadget caches. WVTim has borrowed gadget ideas from other cachers and colloborated with others. This does NOT detract from Tim's caches......they are the result of hard work and have tremendous amounts of Favorite Points.

I have borrowed ideas and been flattered that others have recreated some of mine.

Are all FSC-2018 caches new?
Yes they were made specifically for FSC-2018.

Will you have seen some of the techniques used for FSC-2018 caches before?
Depends on your caching experience.
I have found almost 19000 caches and have cached in 47 states but have NOT seen some of these techniques before.

Either way, we hope that you have a pleasureable time doimg FSC-2018. Hopefully, the hours and hours that these volunteer hiders spent creating the caches is appreciated..
Ejwall
MGS Member

Post by Ejwall »

I think I could have been more clear about my questioning, sorry about that. I know there are more than just Tim’s gadget caches out there, but I haven’t seen any of them nor heard anyone mention any of them. Only reason I asked. And when I asked about him making them, I though they could have been (for whatever reason) the ones he put placed in WV. Thanks for the info. Can’t wait to do these caches!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

I look forward to participating in the FSC this year, though I'm not certain I'll be able to complete the challenge. I'm a bit challenged myself.
Al Woltz (AKA: FatBaldOldMan or FBOM)
hostanut
MGS Member

Post by hostanut »

FSC-2018 is now less than a week away.

Here's some improved info:
The pump you need is a "high volume" manual tire pump.....I used a 400cc tire pump.