It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:35 am 
MGS Officer

You may post your CAM 2019: Steppingstone Farm Museum logs here. No spoilers please! :shhh:
On May 4th you will be able to officially post your log on geocaching.com.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:08 pm 
MGS Member

My daughter hasn't cached in a long time but I was able to get her to go today. She and I had so much fun at stepping stone.

The only issue we ran into is that we think a= windows minus five and then second digit minus farm equipment. Otherwise check sum never added up correctly.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:35 pm 
MGS Member

Having lived in this area for most of my life, I have never taken the time to come here. The tour was great and we hope to come back when everything is open. We found this on March 16, 2019. Thanks for bringing us here.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:28 pm 
MGS Member

3/17/2019 CAM #3 2313, This cache was so much fun Gracie and I did it 3 times! I did the CAM first then I looked at the bonus caches UGH so I did walked around again for 2 of the bonus caches. Today was a work day to get the grounds ready for opening so there were people raking and tidying things up a bit. Then I was near the parking lot on my way to the other bonus cache when I realized I dropped something. I saw Cody Hollow and her group making their way from the CAM. I asked if they found it, I was hoping maybe I dropped it over there but I was pretty sure I had to go back to the cannery. We walked together to the third bonus then parted ways as we had to go back to the cannery. You know it's bad when your dog starts giving you the side eye! The volunteers tidying up must have wondered why I kept walking around. I met the caretaker and another caching couple who just happened to drop part of a moonpie on the ground which Gracie was kind enough to take care of so he didn't need to bend down and pick it up. Thanks for the fun day and a nice tour of the grounds and the chance to explore another place I've never been.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:16 pm 
MGS Member

Today we headed to the North East. It was not a good day for geocaching, as it rained ALL day long, and at times it was coming down in ammo cans. But this is what we geocachers do.....we get wet, or should I say soaked. This was our first CAM 2019 for today, but not our first cache or first CAM cache as we made some detours on the way to get some older CAM caches and some old virtual caches. By the time we got here, my raincoat was no longer keeping me dry.

After parking at the coords provided, I started my tour, and wondering why I didn't bring my umbrella for this cache, as all of it was out in the open. As always, took lots of pictures, which was hard as I had to keep drying off the phone. Taking notes was a pain in the rear as the paper was soaked and the ink was running.

After gathering all of the required information, I was going to go into the bathroom to work on my answers to get out of the rain, but they were closed. Dang it. Behind the building containing the bathrooms, there was a small opening, with enough room for a body, so I ducked inside there and worked on the final. The check sum matched my sum, which doesn't happen most of the times, and the final looked to be in a good spot.

Back out into the rain, and worked my way towards GZ. As I was walking, I peaked at the hint, to help with a quick find, as I wanted to get back to the car. Saw the hint, and once I saw GZ, it made sense. Good news about GZ, there was a spot nearby where I could open the cache and sign the logbook and be out of the rain.

Really enjoyed my time here, but it would have been much better without the rain.