It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:44 am 
MGS Officer

You may post your CAM 2019: Patapsco Valley State Park - McKeldin logs here. No spoilers please! :shhh:
On May 4th you will be able to officially post your log on geocaching.com.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:32 pm 
MGS Member

3/16/2019 #2304 Had a great time with the dog today. We met up with other cachers along the way, traded path tags and I headed back. It was a great opportunity to let Gracie off the leash while we were alone near the falls. Then we met again off and on while finding the bonus caches.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:54 am 
MGS Member

Found with FooFinders, Soccer Lexie and The Testies69.
Grabbed CAM and all bonus except Sitting Tree.

Also found two other caches.

Now home, realize they're not listed on geocaching.com site.
Assume archived. How can I research this and clean up area if they should have been removed?

contact me thru geocaching.com ~Lynchtrekkers

can give approx coordinates and photo of GZ if someone is going by and they should have been removed.
THX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:10 am 
MGS Member

3/16/19
Find #2257: CAM 2019 is upon us and I was so excited to see that one McKeldin was chosen as one of the locations! Candyswirl and I decided to hit the trails to grab the CAM cache and all the newly published bonus hides that went with it. This was our fifth find of the morning.

After taking a great walk into the park, picking up the new hides along the way, Candyswirl and I finally made it to the posted coordinates. We looked at the signs and progressed through the questions. Candyswirl figured out the answers and I remembered the numbers she came up with. She punched in a waypoint on my app and then we checked our math using the checksum. We were a little off at first, but we easily corrected ourselves.

Then we made our way to the hide. It wasn't much of a mystery as we encountered a large group of cachers around GZ. I can't remember everyone's names, but it was nice to meet you all! I added our names to the log as Candyswirl took her time going through the swag. In the end, she left a couple of pins she had obtained from the Little League World Series, and took a laser pointer and a little egg full of goodies.

Thanks again to the organizers for putting a CAM hide in this area! It's so close to home for me and we were excited to get out and grab it on the opening day of CAM. TFTC!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:22 pm 
MGS Member

The day was beautiful so we decided to go for some CAM caches. Our first stop was Patapsco Valley SP. We've never been here before. We quickly found the sign and headed to the cache. It was well hidden and we signed the log before some hikers caught us. Thanks for bringing us here! We also found 3 of the bonus caches and plan on coming back for more hiking and geocaching.