It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:50 am 
MGS Officer

You may post your CAM 2019: BOOM! - MGS! logs here. No spoilers please! :shhh:
On May 4th you will be able to officially post your log on geocaching.com.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:36 pm 
MGS Member

We found this cache on March 16, 2019. It was a beautiful walk on a beautiful day! Thanks for bringing us here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:53 pm 
MGS Member

3/17 CAM # 4 2318, After spending way too much time up at Stepping Stone, Gracie and I came down here. Parking was tough but we eventually managed it and made our way to the cache. At one point I was confused I thought I missed a turn or something because I was 225 feet or so to bushwhack but I noticed I had a waypoint in my GPS I missed. I thought perhaps it was a cut off trail so I walked back a bit and heard noise when we investigated we found Trev and Jen and a group signing the log on a cache I found back in Dec 2013. They confirmed we did have to bushwhack about 225 ft to the cache so I walked back with Trev & Jen. I let Gracie off leash for a few and she went for a quick swim then got into trouble for not listening to me and back on the leash she went. I was a nice hike out here today.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:16 pm 
MGS Member

Well another successful day on the trail with my daughter. We rushed out of the house and drove across the county to hike with the Dog. We enjoyed our walk and spotted a herd of deer. Probably the most I have seen at one time. We looked at the swag and signed our name.

It was a good day.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:33 pm 
MGS Member

BOOM!!! That's the sound each rain drop made as they hit me and the ground. I made a mistake here, as the rain let up as I parked the car. When I was halfway across the bridge, it started coming down in ammo cans. Being I was already soaked, as I've been playing in the rain all day, before coming for this one, it was pointless to go back to the car,

I walked faster, then started to run, trying to get into the woods. Finally made it into the woods, and that didn't help. I didn't have my GPS with me, and was relying on my phone. Ha. We all know how a phone works when it gets wet. It was hard drying it off as all of my clothes were soaked. Don't tell ProgKing, but my BVD's were still semi dry, so I was using them to dry my phone off.

I was sliding more than I was walking, and I finally reached the old R R Tracks. I walked them for a while until it was time to bushwhack. Then there was a hill. Don't know how I made it down the hill without taking a fall, and the next thing I know, I'm on flat ground again. Didn't take long to find GZ and retrieve the cache, but I really didn't want to open it as the rain was coming down hard. A normal cache, I would have just taken a photo of the cache, and left it close to protect the inside of the cache, but I needed to open this one, so I could get the needed code. I tried covering it the best I could with my body, made a quick sign in the logbook, took a quick photo of the needed code, and closed everything up.

Got back to the car, soaked and miserable, just to have the wife yell at me, saying I was stupid, and if I get the pneumonia, she didn't want to hear about it. All I said was, "Found it".